Why I think I'm the man for Evo

• Thread starter Tsu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Evo
In summary, Tsunami thinks that Evo needs a man, and she is offering her services to be Evo's man. She thinks that Evo is a lonely woman who needs someone to take care of her, and she is confident that she can be that person. She also thinks that Evo is a smart woman who does not need a man to complete her. She is confident that she can be a good match for Evo.
Clausius2 said:
I think you need to do some more exercise in order to have more chance. The last photograph about you didn't show a good fitness...and Evo may look for Schwarzenneger muscles. Hurry up! Get into a gym! :biggrin:
Enigma looks yummy just the way he is. :approve: I am NOT into muscular men.

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
I am NOT into muscular men.

Blah Blah Blah I have heard it thousands of times. :zzz:

Evo said:
Enigma looks yummy just the way he is. :approve: I am NOT into muscular men.

That's because she knows once she puts him through his paces clearing the jungle around her house, he'll be in great shape! :biggrin: Actually, he looked pretty darn yummy in that picture he posted, I think Clausius is just feeling threatened. :wink:

For what it's worth, I think one can draw a distinction between muscular and muscle bound.

Compare gymnists or track atheletes (runners and pole vaulters) and heavy-wieght/power lifters or body builders. The former group are relatively slender vs the latter group are bulky. Gymnists can lift more than their own body weight, sometimes with one arm.

With the proper balance of weight training, stretching and running, one can build strength and endurance.

Sufficient strength can be a life saver (from personal experience).

Clausius2 said:
Blah Blah Blah I have heard it thousands of times. :zzz:

Falling asleep when the lady's talking. That'll fetch you a bunch of points.

Time to call in Bob "the axeman" G.

Answer to question 1, i think is something to do with running a possum smuggling business over the border from mexico.

Andy said:
Answer to question 1, i think is something to do with running a possum smuggling business over the border from mexico.
Correct. The answer to Question 1 "What does Evo suspect Mr Foofer does in his spare time?" is "running a possum smuggling business".

Or should this be like Jeopardy and it would have to be posed as a question? "What is running a possum smuggling business?" :biggrin:

Question: #2

Andy takes the lead in the Q&A competition!

Sorry, Evo, I couldn't get the next one in the form of a question without giving it away :smile:

It's Evo's birthday. One of your gifts to her should (of course) be something sweet*. What do you get her - and where do you go to get it?

*just in case I'm not clear, I am referring to candy. :tongue2:

Last edited:
Math Is Hard said:

It's Evo's birthday. One of your gifts to her should (of course) be something sweet*. What do you get her - and where do you go to get it?

*just in case I'm not clear, I am referring to candy. :tongue2:
What is Chocolate at Fauchon.com (is that in Belgium?)

Last edited:
Echo 6 Sierra said:
What is Chocolate at Fauchon.com (is that in Belgium?)
Not just any chocolate, what type? I only eat one type.

What is Dark Belgian Chocolate?

Echo 6 Sierra said:
What is Dark Belgian Chocolate?
Very Good!

Andy and Echo are now tied. :approve:

Answer #3

As a little girl, Evo secretly dreamed of becoming THIS when she grew up.

(please give your response in question form.)

What is The Future Mrs. Echo 6 Sierra?

Math Is Hard said:
As a little girl, Evo secretly dreamed of becoming THIS when she grew up.

(please give your response in question form.)

What is an astronomer or scientist? :cool:

And I didn't even know the Professional was in the contest!

I believe we are tied three ways now! Evo, want to confirm?

Of course The Professional is in the contest. He even offered to suffer a strangulated hernia as a show of affection. How much more sincere can a person get? :rofl:

(But, he doesn't know what an orange stick is, either)

Gokul43201 said:
Falling asleep when the lady's talking. That'll fetch you a bunch of points.

Time to call in Bob "the axeman" G.
Poor Claudius2. He's been bitter ever since his plan to get to Evo's daughter fell through.

Remember what Vince Lombardi said, "It's not whether you get knocked down, it whether you get back up."

Next question:

How did Evo spend her nights as a 15-year-old and how did her audience show their appreciation?

(Once again, your answer has to be phrased as a question)

BobG said:
Next question:

How did Evo spend her nights as a 15-year-old and how did her audience show their appreciation?

(Once again, your answer has to be phrased as a question)
Wait, I thought juvenile records were supposed to be sealed!111 How did you find out...oh...heh, you're talking about something else. :blushing:

Moonbear said:
That's because she knows once she puts him through his paces clearing the jungle around her house, he'll be in great shape! :biggrin: Actually, he looked pretty darn yummy in that picture he posted, I think Clausius is just feeling threatened. :wink:

Due to the fact I am some thousands of kilometers away, I think I lost the battle since the beginning. Anyway, I'm not in extraordinary fitness, that's what I made that comment.. :tongue2:

Clausius2 said:
Due to the fact I am some thousands of kilometers away, I think I lost the battle since the beginning.
Actually, the farther away you are the better, I like long distance relationships. :approve:

Anyway, I'm not in extraordinary fitness, that's what I made that comment.. :tongue2:
Perfect, I like men that don't spend time working out. :smile:

Evo said:
Actually, the farther away you are the better, I like long distance relationships. :approve:

Perfect, I like men that don't spend time working out. :smile:

The main defect of long distance relationship is a lack of human contact..you know... :!) .

About my fitness, don't worry. I would spend only some short time riding on my bicycle as I do every weekend. I practice cyclism (like Armstrong) but I get tired too soon. Apart of the time I'll spend on studying, I'm yours... o:) .

Clausius2 said:
The main defect of long distance relationship is a lack of human contact..you know... :!) .
That makes the time spent together better. You're less likely to get bored or take each other for granted when you have to make an effort to see each other. And you're less likely to annoy each other. :approve:

I would spend only some short time riding on my bicycle as I do every weekend. I practice cyclism (like Armstrong) but I get tired too soon. Apart of the time I'll spend on studying, I'm yours... o:) .
I love cycling! I don't get to do it enough here as the roads aren't suited to cyclists. I have lots of stamina and very strong legs although they're very thin. My aerobics instructor grabbed my leg once and told me "If I excersize 8 hours a day every day for the rest of my life, I will never have hamstrings like yours". :rolleyes:

I haven't a clue on these questions don't know how i got that possum question correct, i don't spend enough time here on the forum to know all these. :cry:

It's really unfair i was starting to think i had a good chance aswell.

Andy said:
I haven't a clue on these questions don't know how i got that possum question correct, i don't spend enough time here on the forum to know all these. :cry:

It's really unfair i was starting to think i had a good chance aswell.
The possum one was the most difficult since I only mentioned it once, the other answers have been posted many times in a number of threads, so your answer was worth 1,000 points, the other two questions were worth 200 points each. I'd say that last question BobG asked is a 1,000 pointer also.

I was extremely lucky with the possum question don't know how i remembered it, but i haven't spent enough time online over the past year to have any idea. 1000 points is a good start though.

DANG, BOB! Throw a fella a bone why don'tcha. :confused:

Echo 6 Sierra said:
DANG, BOB! Throw a fella a bone why don'tcha. :confused:
No help from me. Maybe you can bribe Recon or JimmyP.

But don't bother Artman. When I was a kid, I didn't even like looking at my own internal organs, let alone other peoples internal organs. I didn't even like looking at the internal organs of toads. The one time the neighbor girl and I tried it, it hopped off the table in the middle of the operation. It's intestines got stuck on a twig and it still kept on hopping along with it intestines unravelling behind it. It was horrible! Even when we finally caught it, we had no idea what to do! Her big brother finally caught us and put it out of its misery with a bee-bee gun. Do you know how many bee-bees it takes to kill a toad? I've been traumatized ever since.

But I don't think that makes me weird, does it?

Evo said:
I'll settle for anything. :biggrin:

Honestly, I am just looking for someone with a compatible personality. I don't care about looks. I don't want "Mr Excitement", I'd like a rather boring, highly intelligent guy. A great sense of humor is important.

What's a compatible personality? How much of a difference does age make to you? Security? Family? Place in life?

(I'm not available, by the way.)

wow, 241 posts as of this one...we are on the quest!

loseyourname said:
What's a compatible personality?
Someone that accepts me "as is" and doesn't want to change anything about me. Someone that can put up with me.

How much of a difference does age make to you?
None

Security?
Financial security, I'm financially secure, I've always made more money than most men I've dated, with very few exceptions.

Family?
There's the rub, I'm a bit of a loner, a recluse, although people I work with think exactly the opposite. I am an odd sort, I can be outgoing, funny and charming around people, but I have no need to be around people, I have many interests and I stay busy all of the time. I need a man that isn't clingy, that has a life of his own and doesn't need to be joined at the hip. I want a man that will be glad when we can spend time together but understands my need to be alone.

Place in life?
Not important.

(I'm not available, by the way.)
I know, don't rub it in. :frown:

Evo said:
Someone that accepts me "as is" and doesn't want to change anything about me. Someone that can put up with me.

Doesn't everybody want that? What is it about you that others have typically sought to change?

There's the rub, I'm a bit of a loner, a recluse, although people I work with think exactly the opposite. I am an odd sort, I can be outgoing, funny and charming around people, but I have no need to be around people, I have many interests and I stay busy all of the time. I need a man that isn't clingy, that has a life of his own and doesn't need to be joined at the hip. I want a man that will be glad when we can spend time together but understands my need to be alone.

Sounds good to me. I'm about the same. I also have very little contact with my family, which was more along the lines of what I meant. Not whether you are social in general, but how important family is to you. Another thing: Would you be interested in having additional children with your new man?

Not important.

This seems a little dismissive to me. If a man is at a transitional stage or will be, he might need to move or make a drastic change of some sort and so wouldn't seem to make a great long-term partner. Just some unsolicited advice, but it seems to me that you should be seeking someone with at least some amount of stability.

I know, don't rub it in. :frown:

Even if I was available (which I could be at some point - you never know), I would not be willing to move to the midwest, which is what I assume you meant when your user interface used to read: "Location: Middle of the country." That may pose another problem for you.

loseyourname said:
What is it about you that others have typically sought to change?
I was mostly thinking of my experience with my ex husband. This was rather unbelievable and I can't believe I was deceived (shame on me). He pretended to be "everything I wanted" so that I would fall for him. He pretended to love everything I loved, he pretended to be the type of person I wanted. Yes, he has a real problem with this type of "chameleon" behavior and other people have seen it over the years.

He wanted a "trophy wife", someone he could parade around at company cocktail parties. He was always tying to get me to wear low cut, tight fighting clothes. He got off on other men being attracted to me. Ok, I'm sharing way too much, let's just say he tried to make me into something I wasn't. It turned out he wasn't interested in anything I was interested in, he didn't like anything I liked, and he expected "me" to give up my interests and start liking the things he liked. It was very bizarre. There is SO much more to this that would make it all make sense, but it's not something to go into here.

Sounds good to me. I'm about the same. I also have very little contact with my family, which was more along the lines of what I meant. Not whether you are social in general, but how important family is to you.
I'm not close to my family at all, not that I don't like them, I'm just not close.

Another thing: Would you be interested in having additional children with your new man?
That would be a tough decision. I would have to be REALLY confident that the relationship was right. I am not willing to raise kids alone again. I'd have to be certain that he wanted kids for the right reasons.

This seems a little dismissive to me. If a man is at a transitional stage or will be, he might need to move or make a drastic change of some sort and so wouldn't seem to make a great long-term partner. Just some unsolicited advice, but it seems to me that you should be seeking someone with at least some amount of stability.
I misunderstood. I thought you were asking if a man's social position was important to me. Oh, he definitely has to be stable.

Even if I was available (which I could be at some point - you never know), I would not be willing to move to the midwest, which is what I assume you meant when your user interface used to read: "Location: Middle of the country." That may pose another problem for you.
I'm not from the midwest. I've lived all over the country. I ended up here when my ex and I decided to get divorced. I had relocated to New Jersey because of a job he had and I did NOT want to be stuck there, so when he took the position out here, his company paid to move me (as his wife) and I was able to transfer my job with my company. I am willing to relocate, this is the longest I have ever lived anywhere since I moved away from home and I'm not used to it.