1 + 1 riddle

  • #1
PrudensOptimus
641
0
What is 1+1? the answer begins with F.

Is not Function, not Fraction... Don't know what the answer is. It is suppose to be a riddle.
 

Answers and Replies

  • #2
Hurkyl
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
14,967
19
Formula?
 
  • #3
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
4,699
369
if it was a bad joke then the answer would be four .
 
  • #4
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
4,699
369
Originally posted by PrudensOptimus
What is 1+1? the answer begins with F.

Is not Function, not Fraction... Don't know what the answer is. It is suppose to be a riddle.
if you dont know what the answer is then how do you know function and fraction arent the possible answers.
i feel some information is missing.
 
  • #5
HallsofIvy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
43,021
970
Begins with F? The word "Fool" comes to mind!
 
  • #6
PrudensOptimus
641
0


Originally posted by loop quantum gravity
if you dont know what the answer is then how do you know function and fraction arent the possible answers.
i feel some information is missing.

I was thinking about four too... but i don't know why though...

perhaps 1 1 is 2, and the + sign has 2 sticks, so makes 4?
 
  • #7
Zeke
18
0
ummm
1+1=F f is the variable
 
  • #8
Tweek
22
0
1+1=Too. As in you have too much time on your hands
 
  • #9
Phobos
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,954
6
fundamental?
forty-two? (the answer to life, the universe, and everything)
 
  • #10
PrudensOptimus
641
0
Originally posted by Phobos
fundamental?
forty-two? (the answer to life, the universe, and everything)


is 42 a special number or something?
 
  • #11
ahrkron
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
756
2
I have no idea, but a google search over "The answer is 42" returns over 5000 hits!

Does anybody know how this started (the "42" stuff)?
 
  • #12
Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,253
63
Originally posted by ahrkron
I have no idea, but a google search over "The answer is 42" returns over 5000 hits!

Does anybody know how this started (the "42" stuff)?


In other words, you have not read Douglas Adams,Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy I thought this was necessary Geek reading? I am sadly disapointed in you lack of fundamental geekness.
 
Last edited:
  • #13
ahrkron
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
756
2
[b(] I'll try to fill in that gap as soon as possible!
(probably not this month though! :smile: )
 
  • #14
Tweek
22
0
Well is Fact the answer your looking for? I'm sure there are many people here who would disgree with that statement.
 

Suggested for: 1 + 1 riddle

  • Last Post
Replies
20
Views
456
  • Last Post
Replies
17
Views
826
Replies
34
Views
1K
Replies
2
Views
499
  • Last Post
Replies
6
Views
219
Replies
19
Views
348
Replies
2
Views
651
  • Last Post
2
Replies
45
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
18
Views
879
Replies
1
Views
412
Top