3D backprojection (potential project)

In summary, the conversation discusses a method for constructing a 3D optical scene using backprojection. This involves capturing the scene from different views using an HD camera, stitching the 2D images into a cloud of points, slicing the 3D model into thin cross sections, and using filtered backprojection to project light beams onto the object. The light beams may be projected onto a cloud or a crystal, and this technique can be used on any scale. Additional resources and interesting applications of this method are also mentioned.
Adel Makram
I just thought about whether it is possible, or already exists, a method to construct a 3D optical scene using the method of backprojection.
First, I will capture the scene (say a castle) from different views using HD camera. Then using one of the app to stitch the 2D images into a cloud of points in the 3D space. Next, I will further slice the 3D of the castle into thin cross section 2D slices which have the surface information of the object. Lastly, using the technique of filtered backprojection used in CT to project the light from different small light beams around the scene to create the 3D model.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Adel Makram said:
project the light from different small light beams around the scene to create the 3D model.
And what will the light beams be projected ON to?

Sorry for the late in the reply. The light may be projected on a cloud or a crystal whose particles would shin when reflecting the light.

I like the 3D article in the last link. But it seems that it has a very limited capability and it is very small in size too (lens is used to watch it).
My technique can be made on any scale.

1. What is 3D backprojection and how does it work?

3D backprojection is a technique used in medical imaging to reconstruct a 3D image from a series of 2D X-ray images. It works by tracing back the paths of the X-rays from different angles and combining them to create a 3D image.

2. What are the advantages of using 3D backprojection compared to other imaging techniques?

One of the main advantages of 3D backprojection is its ability to create a more accurate and detailed 3D image compared to other techniques such as CT scans or MRI. It also has a lower radiation dose and is less expensive than these other techniques.

3. What types of medical conditions can 3D backprojection help diagnose?

3D backprojection can be used to diagnose a variety of medical conditions such as bone fractures, tumors, and heart disease. It is commonly used in orthopedics, cardiology, and oncology.

4. What are the limitations of 3D backprojection?

One limitation of 3D backprojection is its inability to differentiate between tissues with similar densities. This can make it challenging to accurately identify certain types of abnormalities. Additionally, it is not suitable for imaging soft tissues or organs with complex structures.

5. What are some potential future developments in 3D backprojection technology?

Some potential future developments in 3D backprojection technology include the use of advanced algorithms to improve image quality and reduce radiation dose, as well as the incorporation of artificial intelligence for more accurate and efficient image reconstruction. There is also ongoing research in developing portable and handheld devices for 3D backprojection imaging, making it more accessible in various medical settings.