1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A general qustion on expansion

1. May 15, 2006 #1
    A general qustion on expansion......

Hello,
    As I was thinking about the expansion of the universe I couldnt understand a specific part of it which is if the space time dimensions are increasing in size or not(being under a geometrical streach). Once I heard that the expansion of the universe and the increasing distance between the galaxies is just like a balloon filing with air and that the galaxies are like the points on the surface of the ballon..... Acoording to this example I thought that the universe is actually under a streach..... So that means we are increasing in volume each second but as the expansion is uniform to evrything and that relative to us evrything will be seen the same... I'm not a professional, so I'd be glad to know what is really going on... :)

The module I mean is attached to the post.
    Thankyou once again.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted