1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A spinor identity

1. Dec 3, 2008 #1
    Actually, the original motivation is to check the closure of SUSY
    [tex]\delta X^\mu = \bar{\epsilon}\psi^\mu[/tex]
    [tex]\delta \psi^\mu = -i\rho^\alpha\partial_\alpha X^\mu\epsilon[/tex]
    where [tex]\rho^\alpha[/tex] is a two dimensional gamma matrix, and [tex]\psi^\mu[/tex] ia s two dimensional Majorana spinor, the index [tex]\mu[/tex] in the two dimensional world is just some label of different fields.
    I try to prove
    [tex][\delta_1,\delta_2]\psi^\mu = 2i\bar{\epsilon}_1\rho^\alpha\epsilon_2\ \partial_\alpha\psi^\mu[/tex]
    The following identity will help me a lot to prove the above formula,
    [tex]\chi_A(\xi\eta) = - \xi_A(\eta\chi) - \eta_A(\chi\xi)\cdots(*)[/tex]
    where [tex]A[/tex] is the spinor index and [tex]\chi,\xi,\eta[/tex] are three spinors.
    My question is, I don't know how to prove (*), and I don't know those spinors in (*) are Majorana spinors or not, moreover, I even don't know those spinors live in what dimension!
    Does anyone know how to prove (*)? or anyone know the reference which treat the algebra of spinors in arbitrary dimension? Thanks a lot!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted