Failed Torque: My First Posting Experience

In summary, the conversation is discussing a problem involving a stick of mass m being held at an angle theta and then released to fall to the ground. The question is about the time it takes for the stick to fall and the problem involves non-uniform speed, non-constant acceleration tangentially, angularly, and centripetally, and a small angle for theta with vertical.
jordanhuh

Homework Statement

otr74Vi.png

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

failed to do some torque.

my first post so i don't know how to correctly write. sorry.

Attachments

• szdsadsde.jpg
    szdsadsde.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 380
Physics news on Phys.org
the red circle area is an axis.

Ok jordanhuh I guess you have a stick of mass m that you are holding up at an angle theta and it is hinged at the base and you release it and it falls to the ground. Right? So what do you want to know about it, that is, what is the question?

the time that the stick takes to fall.

Have you made an attempt at a solution? Are you sure the problem is asking for the time? With non uniform speed and non constant acceleration tangentially , angularly and centripetally, and small angle for theta with vertical, the problem is not easily solved .

1. What is "Failed Torque: My First Posting Experience" about?

"Failed Torque: My First Posting Experience" is a personal account of the author's first experience working in a laboratory and the challenges they faced while trying to understand and perform experiments involving torque.

2. What inspired you to write about this topic?

The author was inspired to write about their first posting experience in order to share their struggles and lessons learned with others who may be going through a similar experience, and to also reflect on their own growth and development as a scientist.

3. What are some common challenges faced by new scientists in the laboratory?

Some common challenges faced by new scientists in the laboratory include understanding and following protocols and procedures, troubleshooting experiments, and adapting to the fast-paced and demanding environment of a laboratory.

4. How did you overcome the challenges you faced in your first posting experience?

The author overcame the challenges they faced by seeking guidance and advice from more experienced scientists, asking questions and clarifying instructions, and taking the time to carefully read and understand experimental procedures.

5. What advice do you have for other scientists who may be struggling in their first posting experience?

The author's advice for other scientists who may be struggling in their first posting experience is to not be afraid to ask for help, to take the time to fully understand experimental procedures, and to stay persistent and determined in the face of challenges. Additionally, it is important to stay positive and to view each challenge as an opportunity to learn and grow as a scientist.