Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A video intro to General Relativity

1. Sep 8, 2006 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 8, 2006 #2
    Yeah, very nice. I still haven't done the homework, though. :uhh:

I'd love to have a whole course on video. All the lectures for the famous Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs at MIT are available for download, for example.

4. Sep 11, 2006 #3

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That is good stuff. Thanks. :approve:

5. Sep 11, 2006 #4
    There's some more videos on that site from previous years. Some neat stuff.

6. Sep 17, 2006 #5
    Is the web down?cant seem to get in:grumpy:

7. Sep 18, 2006 #6
    ok i take back what i said the website is not down:blushing:
    well.....i watched the 1st video but really dont understand anything he's talking about...hmm is there any intro to this intro?:mad:

8. Sep 18, 2006 #7
    If you're talking about the beginning, he's just writing down all the equations he's going to talk about for the next 3 hours. So the first 16 minutes may be pretty hard to follow.

However, the talks were aimed at particle physicists. You'll need to know SR and have had some exposure to index notation to follow the lectures. That's also why he starts talking about massless, spin-2 particles, to connect up with things familiar to them. Other than these brief asides on QFT, it's not important to understand any QFT to follow most of the lectures, though.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2006
  9. Sep 20, 2006 #8
    it is all right!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Sep 20, 2006 #9
    Phew...i looked at those and got scared, i thought they throw you into the deep end like that :eek: , evil physics lectureres lol :tongue:

11. Sep 20, 2006 #10

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
  12. Sep 24, 2006 #11
    Good Stuff

This is some good stuff!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?