1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

AC circuits

1. Sep 14, 2011 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I need to know the cmoplex current out, the complex voltage out, phase shift of Voltage out relative to the voltage source, and if the filter is high/low pass with the cut off frequency.

The circuit is series going 24V AC source at 1000HZ 0deg, to a 47 ohm resistor, to a 3 uF capacitor, back to the supply. Vout is between the resistor and the capacitor, ground between capacitor and power supply. I also need to know how to do it with the resistor and the capacitor switched.

2. Relevant equations

I am not sure; this is what I need to know.

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 14, 2011 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Sounds like you need to calculate the transfer function of an RC circuit? What have you learned so far about analyzing the transfer function of circuits with capacitors and inductors in them? Have you learned phasor techniques? Differential equation techniques?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook