Accelerationvs time graph

• Thread starter hasan_17
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Graph Time
In summary, an acceleration vs time graph is a graphical representation of an object's acceleration over a period of time, with time on the x-axis and acceleration on the y-axis. The slope of the line on the graph can be used to calculate the acceleration, with a straight line indicating constant acceleration and the slope representing its magnitude. It also shows the relationship between acceleration and velocity, with a steeper slope indicating a greater acceleration. This graph can provide information about an object's initial velocity and how it is affected by different forces, giving insight into its motion.
hasan_17
Okay so I am in gr.11 physics and I did the velocity vs time graph and my slope is 4.

what do i do for the acceleration ?

i suck at physics lol!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

You need to post questions like this in Homework normally.

On your velocity vs time graph, time is on the x-axis and velocity is on the y-axis.

Gradient = y / x = Change in Velocity / Time = Acceleration.

1. What is an acceleration vs time graph?

An acceleration vs time graph is a graphical representation of an object's acceleration over a period of time. It displays how an object's acceleration changes over time, with time on the x-axis and acceleration on the y-axis.

2. How is acceleration calculated from an acceleration vs time graph?

Acceleration can be calculated by finding the slope of the line on an acceleration vs time graph. The slope is equal to the change in velocity over the change in time.

3. What does a straight line on an acceleration vs time graph indicate?

A straight line on an acceleration vs time graph indicates that the object is experiencing a constant acceleration. The slope of the line represents the magnitude of the acceleration.

4. How is acceleration related to velocity on an acceleration vs time graph?

The slope of an acceleration vs time graph is equal to the rate of change of velocity, or the object's acceleration. This means that the steeper the slope of the line, the greater the acceleration of the object.

5. What can an acceleration vs time graph tell us about an object's motion?

An acceleration vs time graph can tell us about an object's motion by showing how its acceleration changes over time. It can also provide information about the object's initial velocity and how it is affected by various forces, such as gravity or friction.