1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Acid-Base Reaction

1. Nov 18, 2005 #1
    I have 2 homework problems..

1. Draw the Lewis structures for the reactants and products in the neutralization reaction between NH4Cl and NaOH. You may omit spectator ions.

According to a Precipitation diagram in my book, it shows that all the elements are spectator ions, or is this different because it is not aqueous? If so, how can I tell the spectator ions and the reactants? I know strong acid + strong base = water + salt... would the reaction be NH4Cl + NaOH = H2O + NaCl + NH3?

2. Draw the Lewis structures for the reactants and products in the acid-base reaction between aqueous HCl and NH3. You may omit spectator ions.

I don't see these on the Precipitation diagram.. again how would I know the spectator ions and reactants?

Thank you! :)

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 18, 2005 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?