1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Advanced Numerical Methods

1. May 4, 2009 #1
    Hi all.

I need a book on advanced numerical methods (note: methods, not analysis) suitable for an undergrad. I have already had a first course in numerical methods, the usual one an undergrad takes.
    The topics the book needs to cover is:
    Finite difference, finite elements and spectral methods for:
    ODEs, with boundary value problems;
    PDEs
    Differential eigenvalue problems

with a stronger emphasise on PDEs. If such a book exists, I would be most grateful if you could recommend it to me.
    Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. May 4, 2009 #2

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. May 4, 2009 #3
    Thanks for the link and suggestion George Jones. I am looking for something whose main focus is PDEs however, and Numerical Recipes does not contain enough info on that.
    Any other suggestions?

5. May 7, 2009 #4
    "I am looking for something whose main focus is PDEs however, and Numerical Recipes does not contain enough info on that.
    Any other suggestions?"

Try the link below and if it doesn't work then let me know by sending an email with above title as a subject on my id mfarooj@essex.ac.uk and will send you a very good book and you can keep it forever.

http://gigapedia.com/items:links?id=216434

Regards

Muhammad Farooq

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook