Advanced quantum mechanics book with solutions

In summary, the conversation is about a request for book recommendations on advanced quantum mechanics with solutions for exercises. The person mentions familiar books such as Shankar and Sakuraii and is looking for something more advanced that covers topics like scattering, Dirac fields, group representations, relativistic quantum mechanics, and tensor operators. They also emphasize the importance of having solutions for exercises due to preparing for an upcoming exam. The expert recommends two books, "Quantum Mechanics: A Modern Development" and "Quantum Field Theory: A Modern Introduction" both by Leslie E. Ballentine. They also mention that there may be a solution manual available for Schwabl's Advanced QM.
omidaut
Hi there!

Can you please introduce me some books on advanced quantum mechanics which has solutions for its exercises. Of course, I know Shankar and Sakuraii, but, I mean something more advanced which covers these topics: (Scattering, Dirac Fields, Group Representations, Relativistic Quantum mechanics, Tensor operators and so on.)

Also, it is very important for me that such a book has solutions for its exercises because I am trying to prepare myself for a horrible exam.

Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe Cohen-Tannoudji ? If that's too simple, perhaps Freeman Dyson

As I said, I need a book with many problems and solutions. Non of these books seems to satisfy me :(

Is there any solution manual for Schwabl's Advanced QM?

1. What is the difficulty level of an "Advanced quantum mechanics book with solutions"?

The difficulty level of an advanced quantum mechanics book with solutions can vary depending on the author and the intended audience. However, as the word "advanced" suggests, it is likely to be more challenging than an introductory quantum mechanics book. It may require a strong understanding of mathematical concepts and a solid foundation in quantum mechanics.

2. Is it necessary to have a specific background in order to understand the solutions in the book?

Yes, it is recommended to have a strong background in quantum mechanics before attempting to understand the solutions in an advanced quantum mechanics book. This includes a solid understanding of mathematical concepts such as linear algebra, calculus, and differential equations.

3. How can an "Advanced quantum mechanics book with solutions" benefit a scientist?

An advanced quantum mechanics book with solutions can benefit a scientist by providing a deeper understanding of quantum mechanics and its applications. It can also help improve problem-solving skills and provide insight into current research in the field.

4. Are the solutions in the book step-by-step or just answers?

This can vary depending on the book and the author. Some advanced quantum mechanics books may provide step-by-step solutions, while others may only provide the final answers. It is important to check the book's description or reviews to determine the level of detail in the solutions.

5. Can an "Advanced quantum mechanics book with solutions" be used for self-study?

Yes, an advanced quantum mechanics book with solutions can be used for self-study. However, it is important to have a strong understanding of basic quantum mechanics concepts before attempting to use an advanced book. It may also be helpful to seek guidance from a professor or colleague if any concepts are unclear.