1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Advice for a High School Student

1. Jan 29, 2012 #1
    Hi, i am currently a junior in high school, and i am very interested in becoming a physicist. However, i don't want to jump to any conclusions based on any false idealized notion of what i think being a professional physicist would be like. I am currently in an honors physics class and a member of the American Physical Society. I plan on getting my B.S. in physics and eventually obtaining my phd in physics. Although astrophysics interests me the most at the moment, i am still unsure what i want to specialize in. I'm going to wait until i am exposed to all of the subfields to find my true passion. I was wondering if anyone would share any insight and advice pertaining to the reality and steps of a career in physics and the things that i should be doing now to get the best start to a successful career. Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 30, 2012 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook