What subjects should I choose for aeronautical engineering and how do I prepare?

In summary, you should take chemistry, accounts / business, and math (along with physics if you can). If you want to become an engineer, you need to be very good at math. There are many magazines and websites that can help you learn more about aeronautics.
asdfg654321
what subjects must i choose for this engineering and how should i prepare. i am 14 and i am in grade 8.

Engineering news on Phys.org
The basic requirement for all engineering is a good foundation in math (all the way through calculus), as well as physics. From those two areas, stem all the possible fields of aeronautics...

i have to choose 5 subjects what should i choose rather than physics (maths is compulsory) i have chosen chemistry, economics, accounts and business studies. what do you recommend best for aeronautics from these subjects and what should i do to better prepare myself.

Take chemistry and accounts / business. These will be the most useful...but math and physics are the main stay subjects you should take when available.

and also do i have to be very good in maths because i am average in maths right now but i am determined to do better if it takes to become an engineer.

and are their any magazines or tv shows that are for planes or that which could possibly interest me more in aeronautics?

Math is important since it is the "basic language" in which engineers work to create and describe the very things on which they work. An engineer of any kind has to be able to describe and evaluate whatever it is (aernonautical, mechanical, chemical, civil etc...) in terms of mathematics.

You can always become better at math if it is presented and taught in such a way that you can visually see what is going on. There are probably thousands of free websites that display various mathematical concepts in a visual and easy to understand format. Once you see what's "behind the numbers and operations", you will understand when and how to use them. Search on Google and you will probably find more than you ever knew existed.

thanks! and if you don't mind me asking, are you an engineer?

Besides the Math and Physics, I would recommend you consider hobbies such as aircraft model building, model aircraft flying either thrown, control line, or radio control.

Also, I recommend you check out to see if there is any Civil Air Patrol (CAP) Squadrons or if there are any Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) Chapter near where you live.

well unfortunately there is none of that here but i do want to learn how to fly a plane and maybe keep that as a hobby. and also do you know any magazines or tv shows i can watch or read to help me grow more interest in aeronautics.

Kitplane is a good monthly magazine for designers, builders, and pilots of homebuilt aircraft.

Also, there is a multitude of sites on the internet.

Personally, I am into flying boats, amphibians, Wing in Ground Effect, and submersible aircraft.

well you see i live in the UAE and do you think they sell kitplane here, and you mentioned sites, could you please tell me there names?

Other than math and physics I don't think there is much more you can do in terms of classes while in high school. Just do well in the those classes and be involved in other activities so you can get into a good college.

You should definitely look into R/C airplanes it is a great hobby and you will learn a lot.

Two of my favorite books are "Rocket Men" which is about the Apollo Program and landing on the moon, and "Skunk Works" which is about a division within Lockheed Martin that has developed some of the most amazing aircraft ever such as U2 spy plane, SR-71, F-117. You could also just look up aircraft like those on the internet and read about them. They are extremely impressive.

thank you, i think i will look up on that.

1. What is Aeronautical Engineering?

Aeronautical engineering is a branch of engineering that involves the design, development, and construction of aircraft and spacecraft. It includes the study of aerodynamics, propulsion systems, materials, and structures used in the construction of aircraft.

2. What are the key responsibilities of an Aeronautical Engineer?

An aeronautical engineer is responsible for designing and testing aircraft and their components, developing propulsion systems, ensuring safety and airworthiness of aircraft, and conducting research on new technologies and materials for aircraft design.

3. What skills are required to become an Aeronautical Engineer?

To become an aeronautical engineer, one needs to have a strong foundation in mathematics, physics, and computer science. Additionally, skills in problem-solving, critical thinking, and attention to detail are crucial for success in this field.

4. What are the career opportunities for Aeronautical Engineers?

Aeronautical engineers can find employment in various industries, including commercial and military aircraft manufacturing, space exploration, and research and development. They can also work in government agencies or as consultants.

5. What is the future outlook for Aeronautical Engineering?

The future of aeronautical engineering looks promising as the demand for air travel and space exploration continues to grow. With advancements in technology, there will be a need for aeronautical engineers to design more efficient and sustainable aircraft and spacecraft.