Bachelor in Aerospace Engineering: Seeking Advice on Next Steps

In summary, the individual has completed their Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering but is unsure of their next step - pursuing a Master's degree or finding a job. They have looked for job opportunities in various regions but have encountered difficulties due to lack of experience or work permits. Suggestions are given to look for job opportunities in the west coast of the US or other states with a strong aerospace industry. It is also mentioned that aerospace graduates are sought after in other fields and gaining entry-level jobs or internships can lead to future opportunities in the desired field.
mozammel
I have just completed my Bachelor in Aerospace Engineering but now I am really confused what to do next.
Msc or Jobs??
I have tried to look for jobs in Middle east, UK, and so on but because of experience or work permit I can't match up to the requirements.
please help any suggestions
thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Try looking out on the west coast of the US (California) there are tons of Aerospace companies out there, same with Colorado, Florida, Alabama, and Texas. Even Ohio has Aerospace Jobs.

Maybe just try getting basic entry level jobs or even internships (which are often paid in the Aerospace industry) and when they see your skill set, then you will be able to move up.

Also, remember that Aerospace is a very versatile degree. My step father got an Aerospace degree, built helicopters for a while, and now is designing solar panels. Aerospace Engineers are very desirable in other fields because the degree shows that they are capable of learning new and complex things and becoming proficient at anything they are told to do. So take a look at companies that don't necessarily do rockets or planes. You are fresh out of college, so that first job will be the hardest to find. Your first job may not be very fun, but it is work experience. Once you do that first job for a few years, you will have that experience that the other companies are looking for, and will be able to get the kind of job you want.

Last edited:

1. What is a Bachelor's in Aerospace Engineering?

A Bachelor's in Aerospace Engineering is an undergraduate degree program that focuses on the design, development, and construction of aircraft and spacecraft. It covers a wide range of topics including aerodynamics, propulsion, materials science, and control systems.

2. What career opportunities are available with a Bachelor's in Aerospace Engineering?

Graduates with a Bachelor's in Aerospace Engineering have a variety of career options in the aerospace industry, including roles in design, manufacturing, research and development, and testing. They can also pursue careers in related fields such as defense, aviation, and space exploration.

3. What skills and knowledge will I gain from a Bachelor's in Aerospace Engineering?

Students in this program will develop a strong foundation in mathematics, physics, and computer science, as well as specialized knowledge in areas such as aerodynamics, propulsion, and structures. They will also gain practical skills in design and problem-solving through hands-on projects and internships.

4. What are the next steps after completing a Bachelor's in Aerospace Engineering?

After completing a Bachelor's in Aerospace Engineering, students can choose to enter the workforce or pursue further education. Many graduates go on to earn a Master's or Ph.D. in aerospace engineering or a related field to advance their career opportunities.

5. How can I best prepare for a Bachelor's in Aerospace Engineering?

To prepare for a Bachelor's in Aerospace Engineering, you should have a strong foundation in math and science, particularly in physics and calculus. It can also be helpful to gain experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software and participate in extracurricular activities related to aerospace, such as robotics or model airplane clubs.