Finding magnitude and direction of vectors A, B, and A + B

  • Thread starter Thread starter CSpenceTTU
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Homework Lost
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
CSpenceTTU
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
know there two problems are very easy, but for some reason I just cannot figure them out. Here are the two questions that I have. Does anybody know what the answers are to them?


If A = (25 m) x + (-12 m) y, and B = (2.0 m) x + (17 m) y, find the direction and magnitude of each of the following vectors.
(a) A
----?----° (counterclockwise from the +x-axis)
----?---- m
(b) B
----?----° (counterclockwise from the +x-axis)
----?---- m
(c) A + B
----?----° (counterclockwise from the +x-axis)
----?---- m
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
What are the basic equations for convertion between rectangular and polar coordinates? Use those to solve these two problems.
 
i really have no idea where to start, what I am looking for for a final answer..my mind is gone at this moment
 
You don't get final answers to homework questions here in the PF, Spence. You get hints and help, but you need to do most of the work. I'll say it one more time, look at the basic equations for converting between rectangular and polar coordinates. That's what you need to do. It doesn't take hours to learn that conversion...maybe 30 minutes tops.
 
have tried the magnitude of vector formula..still lost