1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

After Eight Hours of Homework I Am Lost And Need Help

1. Jan 29, 2006 #1
    know there two problems are very easy, but for some reason I just cannot figure them out. Here are the two questions that I have. Does anybody know what the answers are to them?

If A = (25 m) x + (-12 m) y, and B = (2.0 m) x + (17 m) y, find the direction and magnitude of each of the following vectors.
    (a) A
    ----?----° (counterclockwise from the +x-axis)
    ----?---- m
    (b) B
    ----?---- m
    (c) A + B
    ----?---- m

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 29, 2006 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What are the basic equations for convertion between rectangular and polar coordinates? Use those to solve these two problems.

4. Jan 29, 2006 #3
    i really have no idea where to start, what im looking for for a final answer..my mind is gone at this moment

5. Jan 29, 2006 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

You don't get final answers to homework questions here in the PF, Spence. You get hints and help, but you need to do most of the work. I'll say it one more time, look at the basic equations for converting between rectangular and polar coordinates. That's what you need to do. It doesn't take hours to learn that conversion....maybe 30 minutes tops.

6. Jan 29, 2006 #5
    have tried the magnitude of vector formula..still lost

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?