All experimental data for Super heavy nuclei

• A
  • Thread starter alizade
  • Start date
  • Tags
    #shn
alizade
dear physicists

I need all the half life experimental data available so far, for SHNs, I mean Z=104 - 118

(T1/2)

can you help me?

where do I get access to this data?

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
2019 Award
I am also waiting for the answers of other friends
If you don't tell us what about phyzguy's link that you need to know and is absent, how can we possibly steer you in the right direction?

phyzguy
Science Advisor
If you don't tell us what about phyzguy's link that you need to know and is absent, how can we possibly steer you in the right direction?
I wondered that too. It has the half-lives and the decay paths. What else are you looking for?

alizade

dear Vanadium 50
let me explain
for example open following link related to in Cn283
http://www.nndc.bnl.gov/chart/reCenter.jsp?z=112&n=171

alpha decay probability is 50% and spontaneous fission probability is 50% (various nuclei are in the same condition by to distinct percentage)

but in that chart we have just 1 half life for Cn283 that is related to alpha dacay or related to spontaneous fission
so another data is absent
if 4.0 s +13-7 is belong to alpha decay then what is half life of spontaneous fission
am i right?

Last edited by a moderator:
alizade
I wondered that too. It has the half-lives and the decay paths. What else are you looking for?

dear phyzguy
as i said
when we have 2 or more types of decay we need 2 or more data for half life
but in that link and another references just 1 number reported as half life
may be Im wrong

There is just one half life. It is the time until 50% decayed, no matter which type of decay happened.

You can get partial decay widths (sometimes interpreted as a "partial half life") from the half life and the branching fractions.

alizade
There is just one half life. It is the time until 50% decayed, no matter which type of decay happened.

You can get partial decay widths (sometimes interpreted as a "partial half life") from the half life and the branching fractions.

dear mfb

Tnq 4 your reply

I think reported half life is related to dominant mode

for probability calculation we need 2 half lifes to use following formulas:

P% alpha decay =(alpha decay width)/(alpha decay width + fission width)
P% fission =(fission width)/(alpha decay width + fission width)

for using these formulas we should have both fission and alpha half lifes

phyzguy
Science Advisor
No, mfb is right. There is just one half-life which includes all decay modes. You're given the total decay width (from the half life) and the branching fractions, so you can calculate the partial decay widths, just like mfb said.

alizade
No, mfb is right. There is just one half-life which includes all decay modes. You're given the total decay width (from the half life) and the branching fractions, so you can calculate the partial decay widths, just like mfb said.

I do not understand
Where do these percentages come from?
Is not it necessary to have 2 data to calculate percentages?
How can we calculate these branch ratios with just one half-life?

The branching ratios are not calculated from the half life, they are measured, typically by counting the decays for superheavy nuclides. The half life is measured as well.
From these two measurements together you can calculate partial decay widths.

alizade
Member warned that "text-speak" is not permitted at this site
The branching ratios are not calculated from the half life, they are measured, typically by counting the decays for superheavy nuclides. The half life is measured as well.
From these two measurements together you can calculate partial decay widths.
TNQ very much dear mfb

U R right