All Physics Books: Difficulty & Theory/Concepts

In summary, There is no definitive ranking for physics textbooks based on difficulty as it can vary from person to person. It is more helpful to consider the intended readership and level of the textbook, such as introductory or graduate. It is also suggested to consult textbook forums for more comprehensive and detailed information on specific books.
abiphysics
List all physics books you know with the level of difficult PROBLEMS AND also where it stands when it comes to THEORY AND CONCEPTS.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY !
1.too easy
2.easy
3.average
4.above average
4.hard
5.very difficult
6.extreme
7.insane!
8.are you nuts!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I think you're asking for a bit too much here...

In which topic are you interested right now? Mechanics? EM? We can help you pick a book for specific topics.

This topic it's not a bad ideea !

mreq said:
This topic it's not a bad ideea !

I second that

Ranking textbooks by difficulty is inaccurate. What some find difficult, others may find easy.

It's more ideal to label a book based on its intended reader. That is, introductory vs intermediate and undergraduate vs graduate.

Even so, you will get quality by using the standard texts for each of those levels, for each course. No need to rate every book.

But we already have a textbook forum where many textbooks have input from members of the forum, or at the very least contain the Table of Contents of the book. That would be far more useful than any arbitrary ranking some random member gives you on a scale from 1-8.

Related to All Physics Books: Difficulty & Theory/Concepts

1. What are some examples of difficult physics books?

Some examples of difficult physics books include "The Feynman Lectures on Physics" by Richard Feynman, "Quantum Field Theory" by Mark Srednicki, and "Introduction to Quantum Mechanics" by David J. Griffiths.

2. How can I improve my understanding of physics concepts?

One way to improve your understanding of physics concepts is to practice solving problems and equations. You can also read multiple sources to gain different perspectives on the same concept.

3. Are there any physics books that are suitable for beginners?

Yes, there are many physics books that are suitable for beginners. A few examples include "Concepts of Modern Physics" by Arthur Beiser, "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Paul A. Tipler and Gene Mosca, and "Essential University Physics" by Richard Wolfson.

4. Can I learn physics without a strong background in math?

While a strong background in math can be helpful for understanding physics, it is not impossible to learn physics without it. There are many introductory physics books that do not require advanced math skills.

5. Is it necessary to read difficult physics books in order to understand advanced concepts?

No, it is not necessary to read difficult physics books in order to understand advanced concepts. There are many resources available, such as online lectures and simplified textbooks, that can help you understand complex physics concepts without having to read highly technical books.