Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

An odd Google result

1. Jul 2, 2006 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sometimes I find it easiest to search for a thread by Googling my name + something that I remember posting. For some reason this seems to work better than using the thread title sometimes.

Quite some time ago...at least months, and I am quite certain that this was on my old computer, I googled my name and "Harley Davidson" to find the "What was it?" thread in the General Discussion forum. Just now I wanted the thread again, but I googled "What was it" and my name. The hit that resulted was correct, but when I looked at the address, it had the thread address + highlight "Harley Davidson"!!! :surprised

What the hell...? Google knew who I was and linked to the previous search? Is this possible? Or must it be that I have made this search [using Harley] on this computer? But even if so, I clear cookies and files regularly.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 2, 2006 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Was it strictly the name "Ivan Seeking" that made the link? But if so, why was only Harley Davidson highlighted?

4. Jul 2, 2006 #3
    it doesn't know its you, i get the "showthread.php?t=18777&highlight=Harley+Davidson"
    too.

and i haven't ever searched Harley Davidson.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?