Angular Position: t=0s, t=3.07s

In summary, the problem involves determining the angular position, angular speed, and angular acceleration of a swinging door at specific times, using the equation θ = 4.92 + 10.7t + 1.91t2. The values for s and r are not needed for this specific question. To find the desired values, the given equation should be differentiated once for angular velocity and twice for angular acceleration.
Nyx018
This is the problem:
During a certain period of time, the angular position of a swinging door is described by θ = 4.92 + 10.7t + 1.91t2, where θ is in radians and t is in seconds. Determine the angular position, angular speed, and angular acceleration of the door at the following times.

then I'm given for part a) t=0s and part b) is t=3.07s

I know I have to use the equation for angular position s=r[tex]\theta[/tex] then derive that once for angular velocity ([tex]\omega[/tex]) then take the second derivative for angular acceleration ([tex]\alpha[/tex]). I just don't understand what the values for s and r are and where the come from within this problem. i have that [tex]\theta[/tex](0)=4.92 or .0859rad

any help or guidance is much appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
s is the linear position.

Theta is the angular position (as described in the question).

That should get you started off.

ok I understand that but how do I find out or determine the value of the linear position from the formula theta?

Nyx018 said:
ok I understand that but how do I find out or determine the value of the linear position from the formula theta?
The part of the question quoted only asks for the angular position (another term for angle), angular speed and angular acceleration. There'd be no need to use s = rtheta at all, just differentiate what you've been given in the question.

Related to Angular Position: t=0s, t=3.07s

1. What is the meaning of "Angular Position: t=0s, t=3.07s"?

The term "Angular Position" refers to the measurement of the angle of an object in a particular rotational motion. In this case, t=0s means the initial time at which the measurement is taken and t=3.07s means the final time at which the measurement is taken.

2. How is angular position measured?

Angular position is typically measured in radians or degrees, depending on the unit system used. A protractor or other measuring device can be used to measure the angle between the initial and final positions of the rotating object.

3. What does the "t=0s" represent in the given angular position?

The "t=0s" represents the starting point or initial time at which the measurement of the angular position is taken. It is the reference point from which the change in angular position is measured.

4. Why is the time interval of 3.07 seconds important in this angular position?

The time interval of 3.07 seconds is important because it represents the change in time between the initial and final positions of the rotating object. This time interval is used to calculate the angular velocity of the object, which is a measure of the rate at which the object is rotating.

5. How does angular position differ from linear position?

Angular position measures the angle of rotation of an object around a fixed point, while linear position measures the displacement of an object along a straight line. Angular position is typically measured in radians or degrees, while linear position is measured in units such as meters or feet.