Integrate X^3sin(x^2) | No Substitutions, No Chaos

• Thread starter 1MileCrash
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integral
In summary, the conversation discusses the process of integrating the function x^3sin(x^2) without substitutions or chaos. This involves using the integration by parts method and understanding the fundamental principles of integration. The purpose of avoiding chaos is to arrive at a simpler and more precise solution. Being able to integrate without substitutions is important for developing problem-solving skills and simplifying complex expressions and equations.
1MileCrash
Find the integral of

X^3sin(x^2)

No useful substitutions I can find, integration by parts gets chaotic.

Physics news on Phys.org
Write it as x(x2)sin(x2) and begin with substitution u = x2.

Got the answer. Thank you.

I wish I were able to recognize these things more quickly.

1MileCrash said:
Got the answer. Thank you.

I wish I were able to recognize these things more quickly.
Practice, practice, practice ...

1. What does "Integrate X^3sin(x^2) | No Substitutions, No Chaos" mean?

This is a mathematical expression that represents the process of finding the antiderivative of the function x^3sin(x^2), without using any substitutions or introducing chaos into the solution.

2. How do you integrate X^3sin(x^2) without any substitutions?

To integrate this function without substitutions, you can use the integration by parts method. This involves splitting the original function into two parts, u and dv, and using the formula ∫u dv = uv - ∫v du. In this case, u = x^3 and dv = sin(x^2).

3. What is the purpose of using "No Chaos" in the integration of X^3sin(x^2)?

The phrase "No Chaos" in this context means that we are not introducing any unnecessary or complicated steps in the integration process. This allows us to focus on the fundamental principles of integration and arrive at a simpler and more precise solution.

4. Can you explain the steps involved in integrating X^3sin(x^2) without substitutions?

First, we use the formula ∫u dv = uv - ∫v du to split the original function into two parts, u = x^3 and dv = sin(x^2). Next, we find the antiderivative of dv, which is ∫dv = -cos(x^2). Then, we differentiate u to find du = 3x^2 dx and integrate to find ∫u du = x^3. Finally, we use the formula to find the overall antiderivative: ∫x^3sin(x^2) dx = -x^3cos(x^2) + ∫3x^2cos(x^2) dx.

5. Why is it important to be able to integrate X^3sin(x^2) without substitutions?

Being able to integrate functions without substitutions is important because it allows us to understand the fundamental principles of integration and develop problem-solving skills. It also helps us simplify complex expressions and equations, which is crucial in many areas of science, engineering, and mathematics.