Any good softwares for drawing optical schematics?

In summary, the conversation discusses options for software to create schematics for a thesis report. The suggested programs include Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, and TurboCad.
ppoonamk
Hi all,

Are there any good softwares for drawings schematics like this? I need to make and insert such images in my thesis report.

Attachments

• test1.jpg
    test1.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,651
  • test2.jpg
    test2.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,888
Science news on Phys.org
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Hi. Any vector graphics program should work fine. I do stuff like that in Illustrator on my older Macs. That won't run on my new one, so I use Inkscape, which is free from SourceForge. TurboCad will handle it as well, but I find it harder to work with.

1. What are some popular software options for drawing optical schematics?

Some popular software options for drawing optical schematics include AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and Visio.

2. Are there any free software options available for drawing optical schematics?

Yes, there are free software options such as Inkscape, LibreCAD, and Fritzing that can be used for drawing optical schematics.

3. Can these software options simulate optical designs?

Yes, many of these software options come with simulation capabilities that allow you to test and analyze your optical designs.

4. Do these software options have a user-friendly interface?

It depends on the software and the user's familiarity with it. Some software may have a steeper learning curve, while others have a more intuitive interface.

5. Are there any specific software options that are better for certain types of optical schematics?

Some software may have more specialized features for certain types of optical schematics, such as electronics design or mechanical design. It is best to research and compare different software options to find the one that best fits your needs.