Any idea on how to integrate the following?

In summary, the conversation discusses finding the moment generating function for a random variable X with a given c.d.f. and pdf. To find the moment generating function, the participant suggests completing the square and using integration techniques.
Amannequin

Homework Statement

The c.d.f. of a random variable X is given by the following formula

F(x) = 1 - e-x2 x≥0

Find M(t). Moment generating function.

The Attempt at a Solution

I've found the pdf as

f(x) = F'(x) = 2xe-x2 x≥0

To determine M(t) I need to do the following

M(t) = E(etX) = ∫etx 2xe-x2

Then I'm not sure how to go about integrating. Any ideas or clues to point me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Try completing the square: ##x^2 - tx = x^2 - tx + (t/2)^2 - (t/2)^2 = (x - t/2)^2 - (t/2)^2##, so
$$\int e^{tx}2xe^{-x^2}dx = e^{(t/2)^2} \int 2x e^{-(x-t/2)^2} dx$$
which should be manageable with a bit more work.

Likes 1 person

What is the best way to integrate different technologies?

The best way to integrate different technologies depends on the specific technologies involved, as well as the goals and requirements of the integration. Some common methods include using application programming interfaces (APIs), creating custom scripts or connectors, or using middleware solutions.

How can I ensure that the integration is successful?

To ensure a successful integration, it is important to thoroughly plan and test the integration process before implementing it. This includes identifying potential challenges and addressing them beforehand, as well as regularly monitoring and troubleshooting the integration after it has been implemented.

What are some common challenges when integrating technologies?

Some common challenges when integrating technologies include compatibility issues, data format differences, security concerns, and communication problems between the different technologies. These challenges can be addressed by carefully planning the integration process and having contingency plans in place.

Is it necessary to have technical expertise to integrate technologies?

While having technical expertise can certainly be helpful, it is not always necessary to have it in order to successfully integrate technologies. There are many user-friendly integration tools and platforms available that can make the process easier for those without a technical background.

How can I stay updated on new integration methods and technologies?

To stay updated on new integration methods and technologies, it is helpful to regularly attend industry conferences and events, follow relevant publications and blogs, and network with other professionals in the field. It may also be beneficial to take online courses or participate in workshops to learn about the latest integration techniques.