1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any recommendations for books or articles on the Standard Model?

1. Feb 18, 2013 #1
    I'm an undergrad physics student and have to write an essay on the Higgs boson and the future of the standard model. I don't need to have a comprehensive understanding of the maths underpinning it all, but it's quite difficult to find any undergraduate level reading on the subject. I'm currently trying to glean as much as I can from Perkins 4th edition 'Introduction to High Energy Physics', but a lot of it still requires a sufficient mathematical understanding of it all. This isn't to say I can't put the time into understanding the maths, but I could spend a whole year just reading books about gauge theories before moving onto the rest. There are hundreds of books on the subject, so I just thought I should see if anyone had any recommendations.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted