Anyone can help with this question (about UK parliament)

• News
  • Thread starter lethanhnghi1234
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Uk
In summary, the conversation is about a question regarding the UK parliament and its constitutional status. The original poster is seeking tips for discussing the topic and someone suggests seeking help from a politics forum. The scope of the forum is also clarified and it is noted that someone may still be able to provide assistance.
lethanhnghi1234
Anyone can help with this question (about UK parliament)!

I've a seminar question “Parliament’s constitutional status is no longer aptly described by the theory of legislative supremacy”. Could anyone please give me some tips to discuss this?

Thanks a lot!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. I think a politics forum may be better suited to answer this question, truthfully. I also notice a lack of an actual question...

While this forum is labled "Politics and World Affairs", I don't really think the scope of the forum includes the study of political science or anything, but rather is just a place for people interested in physics/math/science in general to talk about politics.

Although of course, you may get lucky and maybe someone will be able to help you out. :-p

Last edited:
What can you say about that statement?

Related to Anyone can help with this question (about UK parliament)

1. What is the role of the UK Parliament?

The UK Parliament is the legislative branch of the government responsible for making laws, holding the government accountable, and representing the interests of the people.

2. How is the UK Parliament structured?

The UK Parliament is made up of two houses: the House of Commons and the House of Lords. The House of Commons is made up of elected members of parliament (MPs) and the House of Lords is made up of appointed members.

3. What is the difference between the House of Commons and the House of Lords?

The House of Commons is responsible for proposing and debating laws, while the House of Lords reviews and suggests amendments to these laws. The House of Commons also holds the power to vote on and approve the budget.

4. How are members of Parliament elected?

Members of Parliament (MPs) are elected by the citizens of the UK in a general election held every five years. They are elected to represent a specific constituency or geographic area.

5. What role does the monarch play in the UK Parliament?

The monarch, currently Queen Elizabeth II, is considered the head of state in the UK. While the monarch has the power to open and close parliamentary sessions and give royal assent to bills, the role is largely ceremonial and the monarch does not have any real political power.