Anyone know where I can get a free FE practice exam?

• Thread starter leright
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exam
In summary, the conversation discusses the availability of a free copy and free PE exam for electrical engineering. However, there is no known source for these materials and it is suggested to purchase study materials or utilize example exams provided by one's department or the NCEES. A previously seen example FE exam in PDF format is also mentioned, but the source is unknown.
leright
I would like to know if a free copy is available somewhere. I would also be interested in a free PE exam for electrical engineering.

Thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
can anyone help?

I don't know of any free tests. Just spend the $10-15 and buy one of the many books out there that have practice tests in them.

You can get a copy of the EIT/FE reference that you will receive when you show up:
http://www.ncees.org/exams/study_materials/fe_handbook/

I agree with Fred's position on this. One's department may have some example exams, but I believe it is best to go through the NCEES.

a while back I remember seeing a link to a pdf file that was an example FE exam. I can't remember where I found it though.

1. Where can I find a free FE practice exam?

There are several websites that offer free FE practice exams, such as Khan Academy, Study.com, and Engineering.com. You can also check with your school or local library to see if they have any resources available.

2. Are there any reliable sources for free FE practice exams?

Yes, there are many reliable sources for free FE practice exams. As mentioned before, websites like Khan Academy and Study.com are reputable sources. You can also find free practice exams on the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) website.

3. Do free FE practice exams cover all topics and subjects?

It depends on the source. Some free FE practice exams may cover all topics and subjects, while others may only focus on specific areas. It's important to thoroughly review the practice exam and make sure it covers the topics and subjects you need to study.

4. Can I trust the accuracy of free FE practice exams?

Again, it depends on the source. It's always a good idea to double-check the answers and explanations provided on free FE practice exams. You can also compare them to official study materials provided by NCEES to ensure accuracy.

5. How often should I take a free FE practice exam?

It's recommended to take a free FE practice exam at least once a week leading up to the actual exam. This will help you assess your strengths and weaknesses and identify areas that need more studying. However, you can take them more or less frequently depending on your study schedule and needs.