AP PHYSICS C: Solving problems

In summary, It is advisable to solve problems from Irodov and Resnick, Halliday, and Walker for AP Physics C: Mechanics and Electricity & Magnetism. However, if you are self-studying, it may be more helpful to use resources like Schuam's General Physics or Barron's and Princeton Review's 3000-problems-worked/solved-in-physics books for faster learning. Additionally, "Physics" by Halliday, Resnick, and Krane is recommended over Walker. Some helpful websites for practice problems include simonster.com and hippocampus.org.
Elixer
Is it advisable to solve problems from Irodov and Resnick , Halliday , Walker for AP PHYSICS C :MECHANICS AND ELECTRICITY & MAGNETISM ?
I am self-studying, so any website links to practice problems(except Collegeboard) will be really helpful, please.

Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
Can somebody please reply?
Thank you.

If you want problems and solutions, then just get something like Schuam's General Physics or one of those 3000-problems-worked/solved-in-physics books. Those are probably the fastest way to learn the material.

I recommand Barron's and Princeton Review's. If you got the time, use barron's, otherwise use Princeton Review.

ive heard that halliday resnick krane is better than walker. I plan to buy it this summer to prepare myself for physics c. The book name is "physics." Any edition of it should be good.heres some websites:
http://simonster.com/mt/archives/000031.html
http://www.hippocampus.org/

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is AP Physics C?

AP Physics C is an advanced placement course that focuses on two main areas: mechanics and electricity/magnetism. It is designed to be equivalent to a first-year college level physics course and prepares students for the AP Physics C exam.

2. How is AP Physics C different from AP Physics 1 and 2?

AP Physics C is a calculus-based course, while AP Physics 1 and 2 are algebra-based courses. This means that AP Physics C requires a strong understanding of calculus, while AP Physics 1 and 2 focus more on algebraic concepts. Additionally, AP Physics C covers more advanced topics and has a greater emphasis on problem-solving.

3. What types of problems will I need to solve in AP Physics C?

In AP Physics C, you will encounter a variety of problems that require you to apply mathematical and conceptual understanding to solve. These can include kinematics and dynamics problems, as well as problems involving electricity, magnetism, and circuits. You will also be expected to use calculus to solve problems involving derivatives and integrals.

4. How can I prepare for solving problems in AP Physics C?

To prepare for solving problems in AP Physics C, you should have a strong understanding of calculus, as well as a thorough understanding of the concepts and equations covered in the course. It is also important to practice solving a variety of problems and to familiarize yourself with the format of the AP Physics C exam.

5. What resources are available to help me with solving problems in AP Physics C?

There are many resources available to help you with solving problems in AP Physics C. Your textbook, class notes, and online resources like Khan Academy can provide additional practice problems and explanations. You can also work with a tutor or join a study group to get extra help and support. Additionally, past AP Physics C exams and official practice exams from the College Board can help you prepare for the format and difficulty of the actual exam.