Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

AP Physics

1. Feb 13, 2007 #1
    Is it possible to get a good grade in AP Physics test through self studying?

with only based on honors physics class...

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 13, 2007 #2
    If youre willing to work hard. AP Physics B tests general knowledge of a wide range of subjects, so you might have to go faster than your honors physics class. What are you up to now?

4. Feb 13, 2007 #3
    There are some things to consider. If you take the AP test this May, that doesn't leave you nearly enough time to prepare, in my opinion. Although I took AP Physics C, I don't know much about the B test. And if you spend $80 on the test, you better be sure an appropriate lower score can get you any credit at the universities you're thinking of attending.

5. Feb 14, 2007 #4
    everything is possible. Hey, I self studied chem AP and computer science AB when I was in high school. If you focus on physics, you can do it!

(make sure to get some books though... get a barons, princeton review or something like that for self-studying... do every problem in the exercise, and you shall be fine)

6. Feb 14, 2007 #5
    I self-studied both AP Physics C tests (mechanics + E&M) and a couple more AP's also...and I did get 5's on them, so it's possible. It depends on how comfortable you already feel with the material, how disciplined with the self-studying you are, and how much experience you have with self-study.

Make sure you get a good physics textbook, but also, get a really good set of AP physics study guides (especially the Barron's)

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook