1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

AP Physics

1. Feb 13, 2007 #1
    Is it possible to get a good grade in AP Physics test through self studying?

with only based on honors physics class...
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 13, 2007 #2
    If youre willing to work hard. AP Physics B tests general knowledge of a wide range of subjects, so you might have to go faster than your honors physics class. What are you up to now?
  4. Feb 13, 2007 #3
    There are some things to consider. If you take the AP test this May, that doesn't leave you nearly enough time to prepare, in my opinion. Although I took AP Physics C, I don't know much about the B test. And if you spend $80 on the test, you better be sure an appropriate lower score can get you any credit at the universities you're thinking of attending.
  5. Feb 14, 2007 #4
    everything is possible. Hey, I self studied chem AP and computer science AB when I was in high school. If you focus on physics, you can do it!

(make sure to get some books though... get a barons, princeton review or something like that for self-studying... do every problem in the exercise, and you shall be fine)
  6. Feb 14, 2007 #5
    I self-studied both AP Physics C tests (mechanics + E&M) and a couple more AP's also...and I did get 5's on them, so it's possible. It depends on how comfortable you already feel with the material, how disciplined with the self-studying you are, and how much experience you have with self-study.

Make sure you get a good physics textbook, but also, get a really good set of AP physics study guides (especially the Barron's)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?