Application of integrals to find moment Inertia

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Kumaken
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I need to make a project that integrates physics with math, involving the use of integrals to find moment inertia of areas. The theory could be read here :http://www.intmath.com/applications-integration/6-moments-inertia.php

I need to make an object that applies the theory above. Can anybody recommend me what should I make?

*note : I have a few idea in mind like making small windmill or fan blades that rotate, but are they appropriate? Cause I think the theory only applies to 2D objects...

*another note : If it's too much hassle, what project do you think is simple that involves the application of integrals in physics? Thank you very much in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
For anything that is symmetric above with below a plane will be like you concentrated all the mass that has coordinates x, y into the xy plane, maybe that extends your possibilities.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Kumaken
epenguin said:
For anything that is symmetric above with below a plane will be like you concentrated all the mass that has coordinates x, y into the xy plane, maybe that extends your possibilities.
I'm sorry but I kinda do not understand... can you please elaborate? Sorry for the trouble.