Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Are bald guys less date-able?

1. Oct 13, 2015 #1

wolram

Gold Member

According to this article.

Utter a few words acknowledging your crush. A simple ‘Hi’ can go a long way. Then notice what they are doing or see what’s around you two and ignite a conversation based on it. If that doesn’t come together easily, then by all means give them a compliment. I love complimenting a man on what’s organic about him, like his features—his eyes, his smile, or the way he expresses through his hair—men with long beautiful locks are easy to compliment but it would be difficult to do so with a bald headed guy. I think if you went for the lips or his buns it may turn up the flame a bit too high and too quick. You don’t want that, you want to be subtle. Remember less is more.

I am going bald and do not excite the girls, so how am i going to get a date?:frown:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 13, 2015 #2
    No link is given at the time of my reply.

But from what you say, I think the answer is no, your view seems too stereotypical. I truly love bald men personally. Their heads are beautiful to me. I get terribly excited or sexually aroused only after a few seconds looking at them.
    So if you have one, you have to forgive yourself on that and look harder into the insides of people around you. You can probably find me or someone like me. :nb)

4. Oct 13, 2015 #3

wolram

Gold Member

The quote is from a magazine article:biggrin: I have a platonic girl friend, but i so much want some one to love even though i do not know what love feels like.
    I am 63 been married once for three years but there was no love in the marriage:frown: I feel like i have so much to offer but no one to give it to..

5. Oct 14, 2015 #4

Lisa!

Gold Member

6. Oct 14, 2015 #5

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Physical virility is for the very young. By the time one reaches adulthood (real adulthood, not 'hey I can drive a car' adulthood), the most attractive thing about someone is their personality and disposition. A kind, caring, smart, funny person who likes you back is attractive.

Woolie, I have many past-their-peak friends who will swear by this wonderful thing called Online Dating. It has changed the world. There are uncountable people out there, just like you, who want a meaningful relationship with someone who shares their interests. Quite a few of my close friends have found love - yes, and even marriage - in their later years through online dating. Try it.

7. Oct 14, 2015 #6

wolram

Gold Member

Thank you Lisa that article cheered me up no end.

Dave, I am not to sure about dating sites, do you not get a lot of time wasters on them?

8. Oct 14, 2015 #7

WWGD

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know if this is the right approach , but I have seen bald people have some hair work done on them that looked pretty natural. I asked a couple, friends of mine, and they said it was not too expensive.

9. Oct 14, 2015 #8

DaveC426913

Gold Member

This is why I'm telling you about my friends. They were looking for companionship, and they've had good luck finding it. I was pretty leery of online dating too. But they changed my mind.

Seems to me that wouldn't be a waste of time, but only you can make that call. :)

Sure, there's lot's of "asl" going on ("Hi! What your Age, Sex & Location?"), but ignore that. There's lots of activity for the serious, mature person seeking real companionship.

10. Oct 14, 2015 #9

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, you will travel down many dead ends with online dating. But even so, I recommend it! I met my husband through online dating. It's VERY intimidating at first but I'm quite sure you'll get the hang of it quickly.

One tip: don't fall in love with someone's profile, it could be very misleading. Once you have made contact with someone, don't spend too much time exchanging emails or phone calls. Meet in person sooner rather than later.

11. Oct 15, 2015 #10

wolram

Gold Member

Aww you are all ready married:frown:, i want some one like you a person with a brain:biggrin:, is there a list of recommended online dating sites?

12. Oct 15, 2015 #11
    Oh...I'm seeking someone to be my husband via online sites too but sad I ain't a brainer.

13. Oct 15, 2015 #12

wolram

Gold Member

That's okay Silicon, who needs brains when there is a tasty morsel on offer:biggrin::kiss:
    Hang on a minuet. you must have brains to get on to the forums your just being modest.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  14. Oct 21, 2015 #13

StatGuy2000

Education Advisor

wolram, if you don't mind my asking, how physically in shape are you? If you are in good to great physical shape, one option for you if you're balding is to shave your head completely.

Here is a Reddit thread on this -- the opinions expressed here (assuming that the opinions posted here are legitimate and real) do indicate that at least some women find the shaved look attractive, more so than the balding look.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskWomen/comments/32vnp3/what_is_your_opinion_of_baldnessshaved_heads/

But then again, I have a full head of hair (unlike my father, who started balding in his mid-20s -- I took after my mother's side of the family on that one). So perhaps I might not be the best to speak on this issue. :-p

15. Oct 21, 2015 #14

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I'm kind of curious to hear the logic that causes 'being in good physical shape' to be a prerequisite to shaving one's head.

If he were not in good physical shape, would shaving his head be contra-indicated? :rolleyes:

16. Oct 21, 2015 #15

wolram

Gold Member

I am i good physical health, i have to have a hip replacement soon but apart from that i am fit as a fiddle.

17. Oct 21, 2015 #16
  18. Oct 21, 2015 #17

wolram

Gold Member

Should i shave my head fido, one woof for no two woofs for yes, woof woof, how about the beard, woof.i tried joining a dating site but chickened out:nb)

19. Oct 21, 2015 #18
    Beard ? Don't grow it thick, something like that of Greg or Edward Snowden is perfect!

20. Oct 21, 2015 #19

wolram

Gold Member

21. Oct 21, 2015 #20

WWGD

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook