How can bald guys increase their chances of getting a date?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary: You can try online dating sites as recommended by Lisa and Dave. These sites have helped many people find meaningful relationships in their later years. However, be cautious as there can be time wasters and misleading profiles. It's important to meet in person sooner rather than later.Another option for balding individuals is to embrace it and shave their heads completely. This can be a confident and attractive look, as seen in a Reddit thread on the topic. Ultimately, it's important to focus on finding someone who appreciates you for your personality and disposition rather than physical appearance.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
According to this article.

Utter a few words acknowledging your crush. A simple ‘Hi’ can go a long way. Then notice what they are doing or see what’s around you two and ignite a conversation based on it. If that doesn’t come together easily, then by all means give them a compliment. I love complimenting a man on what’s organic about him, like his features—his eyes, his smile, or the way he expresses through his hair—men with long beautiful locks are easy to compliment but it would be difficult to do so with a bald headed guy. I think if you went for the lips or his buns it may turn up the flame a bit too high and too quick. You don’t want that, you want to be subtle. Remember less is more.

I am going bald and do not excite the girls, so how am i going to get a date?:frown:

Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:
[...]:frown:
No link is given at the time of my reply.

But from what you say, I think the answer is no, your view seems too stereotypical. I truly love bald men personally. Their heads are beautiful to me. I get terribly excited or sexually aroused only after a few seconds looking at them.
So if you have one, you have to forgive yourself on that and look harder into the insides of people around you. You can probably find me or someone like me. :nb)

The quote is from a magazine article:biggrin: I have a platonic girl friend, but i so much want some one to love even though i do not know what love feels like.
I am 63 been married once for three years but there was no love in the marriage:frown: I feel like i have so much to offer but no one to give it to..

Physical virility is for the very young. By the time one reaches adulthood (real adulthood, not 'hey I can drive a car' adulthood), the most attractive thing about someone is their personality and disposition. A kind, caring, smart, funny person who likes you back is attractive.

Woolie, I have many past-their-peak friends who will swear by this wonderful thing called Online Dating. It has changed the world. There are uncountable people out there, just like you, who want a meaningful relationship with someone who shares their interests. Quite a few of my close friends have found love - yes, and even marriage - in their later years through online dating. Try it.

Likes lisab and Silicon Waffle
Lisa! said:
I don't know if this article contains reliable information or not since it could be written by a bald man trying to convince women that bald men are greater, but I post it here anyway::angel:

http://www.yourtango.com/2013200697/boyfriend-7-reasons-date-bald-guys
Thank you Lisa that article cheered me up no end.

Dave, I am not to sure about dating sites, do you not get a lot of time wasters on them?

I don't know if this is the right approach , but I have seen bald people have some hair work done on them that looked pretty natural. I asked a couple, friends of mine, and they said it was not too expensive.

wolram said:
Dave, I am not to sure about dating sites, do you not get a lot of time wasters on them?
This is why I'm telling you about my friends. They were looking for companionship, and they've had good luck finding it. I was pretty leery of online dating too. But they changed my mind.

Seems to me that wouldn't be a waste of time, but only you can make that call. :)

Sure, there's lot's of "asl" going on ("Hi! What your Age, Sex & Location?"), but ignore that. There's lots of activity for the serious, mature person seeking real companionship.

Likes wolram and Silicon Waffle
wolram said:
Thank you Lisa that article cheered me up no end.

Yes, you will travel down many dead ends with online dating. But even so, I recommend it! I met my husband through online dating. It's VERY intimidating at first but I'm quite sure you'll get the hang of it quickly.

One tip: don't fall in love with someone's profile, it could be very misleading. Once you have made contact with someone, don't spend too much time exchanging emails or phone calls. Meet in person sooner rather than later.

Likes Silicon Waffle
lisab said:
Yes, you will travel down many dead ends with online dating. But even so, I recommend it! I met my husband through online dating. It's VERY intimidating at first but I'm quite sure you'll get the hang of it quickly.

One tip: don't fall in love with someone's profile, it could be very misleading. Once you have made contact with someone, don't spend too much time exchanging emails or phone calls. Meet in person sooner rather than later.

Aww you are all ready married:frown:, i want some one like you a person with a brain:biggrin:, is there a list of recommended online dating sites?

wolram said:
Aww you are all ready married:frown:, i want some one like you a person with a brain:biggrin:, is there a list of recommended online dating sites?
Oh...I'm seeking someone to be my husband via online sites too but sad I ain't a brainer.

Silicon Waffle said:
Oh...I'm seeking someone to be my husband via online sites too but sad I ain't a brainer.

That's okay Silicon, who needs brains when there is a tasty morsel on offer:biggrin::kiss:
Hang on a minuet. you must have brains to get on to the forums your just being modest.

Last edited:
Likes Silicon Waffle
wolram, if you don't mind my asking, how physically in shape are you? If you are in good to great physical shape, one option for you if you're balding is to shave your head completely.

Here is a Reddit thread on this -- the opinions expressed here (assuming that the opinions posted here are legitimate and real) do indicate that at least some women find the shaved look attractive, more so than the balding look.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskWomen/comments/32vnp3/what_is_your_opinion_of_baldnessshaved_heads/

But then again, I have a full head of hair (unlike my father, who started balding in his mid-20s -- I took after my mother's side of the family on that one). So perhaps I might not be the best to speak on this issue. :-p

I'm kind of curious to hear the logic that causes 'being in good physical shape' to be a prerequisite to shaving one's head.

If he were not in good physical shape, would shaving his head be contra-indicated? :rolleyes:

Likes Evo
StatGuy2000 said:
wolram, if you don't mind my asking, how physically in shape are you? If you are in good to great physical shape, one option for you if you're balding is to shave your head completely.

Here is a Reddit thread on this -- the opinions expressed here (assuming that the opinions posted here are legitimate and real) do indicate that at least some women find the shaved look attractive, more so than the balding look.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskWomen/comments/32vnp3/what_is_your_opinion_of_baldnessshaved_heads/

But then again, I have a full head of hair (unlike my father, who started balding in his mid-20s -- I took after my mother's side of the family on that one). So perhaps I might not be the best to speak on this issue. :-p
I am i good physical health, i have to have a hip replacement soon but apart from that i am fit as a fiddle.

Should i shave my head fido, one woof for no two woofs for yes, woof woof, how about the beard, woof.i tried joining a dating site but chickened out:nb)

wolram said:
Should i shave my head fido, one woof for no two woofs for yes, woof woof, how about the beard, woof.i tried joining a dating site but chickened out:nb)

Beard ? Don't grow it thick, something like that of Greg or Edward Snowden is perfect!

You should definitely go with this:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZLDGi2xJguZaw0z0klXkA5D8tJlnsOu9eDKzc80C1qZ9frvDOZw.jpg

or this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxts13jEciUJBp0zRp2OZv2inA8ZgtqxxG1rqo8-b6K4y7Nesp.jpg

Can't decide which.

Anyway, I hope bald guys are less datable. The less competition, the better. I'm looking for a woman that positively hates men with bald backs.

wolram said:
According to this article.

Utter a few words acknowledging your crush. A simple ‘Hi’ can go a long way. Then notice what they are doing or see what’s around you two and ignite a conversation based on it. If that doesn’t come together easily, then by all means give them a compliment. I love complimenting a man on what’s organic about him, like his features—his eyes, his smile, or the way he expresses through his hair—men with long beautiful locks are easy to compliment but it would be difficult to do so with a bald headed guy. I think if you went for the lips or his buns it may turn up the flame a bit too high and too quick. You don’t want that, you want to be subtle. Remember less is more.

I am going bald and do not excite the girls, so how am i going to get a date?:frown:

BRAINS!

Guapa said:
BRAINS!
Sorry, Zombie thread is two doors down and ten days hence.

:DD

Guapa said:
BRAINS!

Sorry Guapa, brains alone do not make one attractive, what female would date a guy with a wart on the tip of his nose:eek:

wolram said:
Sorry Guapa, brains alone do not make one attractive, what female would date a guy with a wart on the tip of his nose:eek:

Daryl Hannah would.

steve-martin-roxanne.jpg

BobG said:
You should definitely go with this:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZLDGi2xJguZaw0z0klXkA5D8tJlnsOu9eDKzc80C1qZ9frvDOZw.jpg
:nb) I'm drooling...

DaveC426913 said:
Daryl Hannah would.

steve-martin-roxanne.jpg
white men without beard are like birds without feathers. This is to me worse than the case of bald men.

Silicon Waffle said:
:nb) I'm drooling...

white men without beard are like birds without feathers. This is to me worse than the case of bald men.

Silicon waffle, where did you get my photo from, the top one looks just like me, although i do not wear glasses:biggrin:

Likes Silicon Waffle
Wolram,

wolram said:

In my humble opinion and in a Jiffy world of today,
A nice compliment is a good start, be very courteous, open every single door for her, same day invite her to a dinner right on, then buy her some of flowers. If there is a dance ball room in the restaurant invite her to dance ( very important) be in control. Forget about yourself (in physical appearance) it is all about her and most women like that. (This work with minds of equals, so look for in the right place ) Be a gentleman, a man with character, principles, values, morals, kindness <--- that works! So if you are in Physics but she is in Chemistry, read and document yourself so you have a good conversation to carry on, and show interest on what she is doing. Successful marriages are teams that work together, not hobbies apart.

Wolves corral their pray.

Likes wolram and Silicon Waffle
Guapa said:
Wolram,
In my humble opinion and in a Jiffy world of today,
A nice compliment is a good start, be very courteous, open every single door for her, same day invite her to a dinner right on, then buy her some of flowers. If there is a dance ball room in the restaurant invite her to dance ( very important) be in control. Forget about yourself (in physical appearance) it is all about her and most women like that. (This work with minds of equals, so look for in the right place ) Be a gentleman, a man with character, principles, values, morals, kindness <--- that works! So if you are in Physics but she is in Chemistry, read and document yourself so you have a good conversation to carry on, and show interest on what she is doing. Successful marriages are teams that work together, not hobbies apart.

Wolves corral their pray.

Guapa you are a gentleman of the highest quality:cool:

Silicon Waffle said:
If you like beards, you must looove catfish moustaches.

Likes Silicon Waffle
Wolram,
Thank you.

I am a woman.
Anyhow if you say you look just like this image, you have nothing to worry about. You are good looking. Go for it and do your best, do not put yourself first, your lady first. Besides that is why are you working so hard, show her that she can trust her life to you. Nothing worst in this life than go into an empty castle everyday of your existence.
Make your family, built your future, it is in your hands.
ANd9GcRZLDGi2xJguZaw0z0klXkA5D8tJlnsOu9eDKzc80C1qZ9frvDOZw&hash=e7c24c0755a0e932bfcdd93ec9eef7b8.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2015-10-22_12-47-27.jpeg
    upload_2015-10-22_12-47-27.jpeg
    2.1 KB · Views: 393
Guapa said:
Wolram,
Thank you.

I am a woman.
Anyhow if you say you look just like this image, you have nothing to worry about. You are good looking. Go for it and do your best, do not put yourself first, your lady first. Besides that is why are you working so hard, show her that she can trust her life to you. Nothing worst in this life than go into an empty castle everyday of your existence.
Make your family, built your future, it is in your hands.
ANd9GcRZLDGi2xJguZaw0z0klXkA5D8tJlnsOu9eDKzc80C1qZ9frvDOZw&hash=e7c24c0755a0e932bfcdd93ec9eef7b8.jpg

OOps sorry Guapa, you are obviously a lady of refinement , i do try but i only have platonic GFs, i do not know why,

Plato said: "We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."

Plato, very interesting philosopher and mathematician. People of science I think have a problem, leaving their secure science world, honestly they (you) are a bit obscure, let us face it, just certain people understand what you guys are talking about. But that it is the gracious part. Anyway just invite a lady (coworker, a friend, an online date, a neighbor lady etc..) for lunch or coffee and have a nice talk. Be a Good listener. See where that goes, it might go nowhere but you did not loose a thing, you just won a confidence of braking the ice and meet wonderful ladies. A woman will bring a rainbow into your life, your life is going to be more beautiful and fulfilling. $$ one \pi change$$
You reminds me this guy's poem:

“I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.”

I like this one:
“I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.”

Pablo Neruda

The most important beauty with time it shows it was always inside. Guapa :DD

Likes wolram