1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Art of Electronics Question 1.14

1. Apr 14, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

There is a circuit diagram which I can't post atm and don't think it's relevant to my question.

Also: R1
    =R2=10k and C=.1μF

And: Find V(t)

2. Relevant equations

We're given the equation V(t)=1/RC ∫t-∞ Vi(t)e-(t-τ)/RC

My problem is I don't recall what tau is here "τ" and I'm not sure what I should be using for the Vi(τ).
    I've been trying to find it in my notes and physics textbooks but I can't seem to find it. LOL I must be stuck on stupid because I know I've seen these and am familiar with them. If anyone has this book and has solved this problem please help me out. :D

3. The attempt at a solution

Found V(t) by Thevenin Analysis to be .5Vi also used Thevanin to find Req=20K to replace the 1/R in the integral. Not sure what else to do.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 14, 2015 #2

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

##\tau## is an integration variable, with the dimension of time. "How long ago" is what it stands for: V(t) depends on what happened before.

No more free advice until you follow the guidelines: your complete and concise problem statement, all the given and unknown variables; the equations you intend to use and not the results of your attempt at solution, but your attempt.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted