Art of Electronics Question 1.14

In summary, the conversation involves a question about finding V(t) in a circuit with R1=R2=10k and C=.1μF. The given equation is V(t)=1/RC ∫t-∞ Vi(t)e-(t-τ)/RCdτ, but the problem is not remembering what tau (τ) represents and what should be used for Vi(t). The attempt at a solution includes using Thevenin Analysis to find V(t)= .5Vi and Req=20K.
DrPapper

Homework Statement

There is a circuit diagram which I can't post atm and don't think it's relevant to my question.

Also: R1
=R2=10k and C=.1μF

And: Find V(t)

Homework Equations

We're given the equation V(t)=1/RC ∫t-∞ Vi(t)e-(t-τ)/RC

My problem is I don't recall what tau is here "τ" and I'm not sure what I should be using for the Vi(τ).
I've been trying to find it in my notes and physics textbooks but I can't seem to find it. LOL I must be stuck on stupid because I know I've seen these and am familiar with them. If anyone has this book and has solved this problem please help me out. :D

The Attempt at a Solution

Found V(t) by Thevenin Analysis to be .5Vi also used Thevanin to find Req=20K to replace the 1/R in the integral. Not sure what else to do.

Physics news on Phys.org
##\tau## is an integration variable, with the dimension of time. "How long ago" is what it stands for: V(t) depends on what happened before.

No more free advice until you follow the guidelines: your complete and concise problem statement, all the given and unknown variables; the equations you intend to use and not the results of your attempt at solution, but your attempt.

Likes berkeman

1. What is "Art of Electronics Question 1.14?"

"Art of Electronics Question 1.14" is a question that appears in the popular electronics textbook "Art of Electronics" by Paul Horowitz and Winfield Hill. It is a question that challenges readers to think critically about a circuit design problem.

2. What is the purpose of "Art of Electronics Question 1.14?"

The purpose of "Art of Electronics Question 1.14" is to encourage readers to apply their knowledge of electronics principles to solve practical circuit design problems. It also helps develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills in the field of electronics.

3. How difficult is "Art of Electronics Question 1.14"?

The difficulty level of "Art of Electronics Question 1.14" can vary depending on the individual's knowledge and experience in electronics. However, it is generally considered a challenging question that requires a solid understanding of electronics principles and problem-solving abilities.

4. Is there a specific answer to "Art of Electronics Question 1.14?"

There is no specific or "correct" answer to "Art of Electronics Question 1.14." The question is designed to have multiple possible solutions and encourages readers to think creatively and critically about circuit design. The authors provide their own solution in the textbook, but readers are encouraged to come up with their own unique solutions.

5. Can "Art of Electronics Question 1.14" be applied to real-life electronics projects?

Yes, the concepts and principles discussed in "Art of Electronics Question 1.14" can be applied to real-life electronics projects. The question is designed to simulate real-world design problems and challenges readers to come up with practical solutions. It is a valuable exercise for those interested in pursuing a career in electronics engineering or for hobbyists looking to improve their skills.