As nice as the corvette is and as much as the mustang is a classic

• Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
In summary: Right. If you look at US sites, the DB9 is listed as requiring 91 octane. I don't know if it's identical to the European version, though. Interesting.
Andy
As nice as the corvette is and as much as the mustang is a classic, I would have the Aston Martin DB9. Isnt she beautiful.

Attachments

• aston_martin_db9_2003_01.jpg
    aston_martin_db9_2003_01.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 355
Physics news on Phys.org
Yeap... But... Give me the cash any day :) I would make enough money of the back of that to buy a few of those!

I threw up in the back seat of my aunt's brand new Aston Martin. :redface:

Evo said:
I threw up in the back seat of my aunt's brand new Aston Martin. :redface:

What kind of aston was that EVO?

Yes, I love the db9, only its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy TOO expensive to even compare it to a corvette.

The db9 is one of the nicest cars on the road today. You know, Aston Martin is owned by Americans now.

Too bad you can't drive it in most parts of the country. 95 octane and all.

Do you not have 95 octane fuel? 95 is standard in the UK, and we also have the option of 98 octane fuel but that's about 5 pence per litre more expensive.

In the us,

Regular is 87
Plus 89
Super 91-94

Aston martin might be owned by the americans but they are still all built in england. Just a pitty that the designer is german! would have preferred an american, i think.

Nah, Germans and Italians have the best looking cars.

My God! I wouldn't give 87 to my Dog let alone my car. I thought you american loved your cars?

cyrusabdollahi said:
In the us,

Regular is 87
Plus 89
Super 91-94

For the most part. Here in NM those are all lower. 86, 88, 91.

I have never seen 95 octane fuel (that i noticed), even in Los Angeles. Though I'm sure a few places must have it.

This might explain part of why europe's gas prices are higher. Interesting to know.

Andy said:
My God! I wouldn't give 87 to my Dog let alone my car. I thought you american loved your cars?

On the contrary, we love the independence our cars give. Not the cars themselves.

Andy said:
What kind of aston was that EVO?
I'm not certain which one it was. I should also mention this was in Nice, France. My aunt was very nice about it. :redface:

There are two different ways of measuring the anti-knock capability of a fuel: motor octane number (MON) and research octane number (RON). Europe uses RON. America averages the two. MON is usually about 8-10 points less than RON, so there isn't that much of a difference in what you're getting.

Stingray said:
There are two different ways of measuring the anti-knock capability of a fuel: motor octane number (MON) and research octane number (RON). Europe uses RON. America averages the two. MON is usually about 8-10 points less than RON, so there isn't that much of a difference in what you're getting.

Ah. So the listed rating on the ason isn't the same scale as the pumps here. Interesting.

franznietzsche said:
Ah. So the listed rating on the ason isn't the same scale as the pumps here. Interesting.

Right. If you look at US sites, the DB9 is listed as requiring 91 octane. I don't know if it's identical to the European version, though. A lot of cars are modified a bit to deal with our fuel.

1. What are the main differences between a Corvette and a Mustang?

The main differences between a Corvette and a Mustang are in their design, performance, and price. The Corvette is a two-seater sports car with a sleek and aggressive design, while the Mustang is a four-seater muscle car with a more traditional design. In terms of performance, the Corvette is known for its speed and handling, while the Mustang is known for its powerful engine and acceleration. Lastly, the Corvette tends to be more expensive than the Mustang.

2. Which car is better for daily use, a Corvette or a Mustang?

The answer to this question depends on personal preference and needs. The Corvette is a more performance-oriented car and may not be as practical for daily use, especially for families or those who need more space. The Mustang, on the other hand, can be a more suitable option for daily use as it offers more space and comfort. However, both cars have their own unique features and advantages, so it ultimately comes down to the individual's needs and preferences.

3. What makes the Mustang a classic car?

The Mustang is considered a classic car because of its iconic design and history. It was first introduced in 1964 and quickly became a cultural phenomenon, often associated with the American muscle car era. Its timeless design, powerful engine, and cultural significance have made it a classic car that is still highly sought after today.

4. Are there any notable features or advancements in the newer models of the Corvette and Mustang?

Both the Corvette and Mustang have undergone significant advancements and upgrades in their newer models. The Corvette has a mid-engine design, making it more balanced and improving its handling and performance. The Mustang has also seen improvements in its performance, with new engine options and advanced technology features such as adaptive cruise control and lane-keeping assist.

5. Which car is more fuel-efficient, a Corvette or a Mustang?

The Corvette and Mustang have different engine options that can affect their fuel efficiency. In general, the Mustang has better fuel efficiency due to its smaller and more fuel-efficient engines. The Corvette's powerful engine can consume more fuel, but its newer models have seen improvements in fuel efficiency. Ultimately, the fuel efficiency of both cars will depend on the specific model and engine chosen.