Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

As nice as the corvette is and as much as the mustang is a classic

1. Aug 28, 2006 #1
    As nice as the corvette is and as much as the mustang is a classic, I would have the Aston Martin DB9. Isnt she beautiful.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 28, 2006 #2
    Yeap... But... Give me the cash any day :) I would make enough money of the back of that to buy a few of those!

4. Aug 28, 2006 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I threw up in the back seat of my aunt's brand new Aston Martin. :redface:

5. Aug 28, 2006 #4
    :surprised

6. Aug 28, 2006 #5
    What kind of aston was that EVO?

7. Aug 28, 2006 #6
    Yes, I love the db9, only its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy TOO expensive to even compare it to a corvette.

The db9 is one of the nicest cars on the road today. You know, Aston Martin is owned by Americans now.

8. Aug 28, 2006 #7
    Too bad you can't drive it in most parts of the country. 95 octane and all.

9. Aug 28, 2006 #8
    Do you not have 95 octane fuel? 95 is standard in the UK, and we also have the option of 98 octane fuel but thats about 5 pence per litre more expensive.

10. Aug 28, 2006 #9
    In the us,

Regular is 87
    Plus 89
    Super 91-94

11. Aug 28, 2006 #10
    Aston martin might be owned by the americans but they are still all built in england. Just a pitty that the designer is german! would have prefered an american, i think.

12. Aug 28, 2006 #11
    Nah, Germans and Italians have the best looking cars.

13. Aug 28, 2006 #12
    My God! I wouldnt give 87 to my Dog let alone my car. I thought you american loved your cars?

14. Aug 28, 2006 #13
    For the most part. Here in NM those are all lower. 86, 88, 91.

I have never seen 95 octane fuel (that i noticed), even in Los Angeles. Though I'm sure a few places must have it.

This might explain part of why europe's gas prices are higher. Interesting to know.

15. Aug 28, 2006 #14

On the contrary, we love the independence our cars give. Not the cars themselves.

16. Aug 28, 2006 #15

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I'm not certain which one it was. I should also mention this was in Nice, France. My aunt was very nice about it. :redface:

17. Aug 28, 2006 #16

Stingray

Science Advisor

There are two different ways of measuring the anti-knock capability of a fuel: motor octane number (MON) and research octane number (RON). Europe uses RON. America averages the two. MON is usually about 8-10 points less than RON, so there isn't that much of a difference in what you're getting.

18. Aug 28, 2006 #17

Ah. So the listed rating on the ason isn't the same scale as the pumps here. Interesting.

19. Aug 28, 2006 #18

Stingray

Science Advisor

Right. If you look at US sites, the DB9 is listed as requiring 91 octane. I don't know if it's identical to the European version, though. A lot of cars are modified a bit to deal with our fuel.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?