Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Asking for a woman's Facebook account instead of number.

1. Aug 7, 2011 #1
    I have found this to be a very bad idea.

First, someone may not want to give a link to their website which has a lot of their personal information on it, to a guy who could be a stalker or creep.

Second, asking for a Facebook account is more neutral and for a friend maybe rather than someone you potentially want a relationship with. A phone number is more personal and special rather than being on a list of 300 other people that she rarely talks to. That's a direct trip to the friend zone possibly.

Third, a woman will know that some guys ask for the Facebook because they may lack the confidence to ask for her number.

Four, Facebook takes out one important aspect of flirting: voice. And you can always ask for their phone number if the conversation goes well.

your thoughts?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 7, 2011 #2
    Agreed, as a female i would be less inclined to give my FB info for the same reasons you suggested. A phone # is much more appropriate in my opinion

4. Aug 11, 2011 #3
    As a female myself, IMO that would be really weird if a guy just asked for my facebook link. You don't even have to ask people for it, you just search for them.. :P

Definitely don't do this, heh.

5. Aug 12, 2011 #4
    I've had a girl refuse to give me her phone number and offer her facebook ID instead. An invitation which I declined...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook