Astronomer's Induction of Observed Gamma/Radio Flashes in Isosceles Triangle

• Thread starter Ontophobe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Patterns
In summary, the astronomer on Earth observes two gamma-ray flashes that originate from different points in the sky, but the events happen an hour apart and are outside of each other's light cones.
Ontophobe
Points A, B and C form an isosceles triangle. A is 6 lightyears away from C, B is 6 lightyears away from C, and A and B are 1 lightyear away from each other. Oh, and C is Earth. So it's point A, point B, and a telescope on/around Earth. An astronomer on Earth observers an incredibly brief gamma-ray flash originating from point A. In an incredibly short period of time, she observers the gamma-ray flash red-shift through the radio range and beyond until it's completely undetectable; until the wavelength "flatlines," so to speak. So I call it a gamma-ray flash but only because that's how it starts out, It doesn't even linger in the gamma ray range for very long; it red-shifts into undetectability almost instantaneously. One hour later, we detect a radio wave that originated at point B, but it doesn't remain a radio wave for long. Instead, it almost instantaneously blue-shifts up to the gamma ray range and then vanishes just as quickly as the first flash came and went. Given that the two locations are a lightyear apart and the events were an hour apart, it is safe to infer that the two events were well outside each other's light cones.

Now imagine a point D which is about 5.5 lightyears away from Earth and 1.5 lightyears away from point A. A year or so later, we detect a radio flash that instantaneously blue-shifts into the gamma range and then disappears from point D. A little over a year later, basically 1 year and 90 minutes, we detect a gamma ray flash that quickly red-shifts beyond the radio range into indetectibility from point A. After doing the math, it is discovered that the events at points A and D are also outside each other's light cones.

Now imagine a point E which is 6.5 lightyears from Earth and 1.5 lightyears from point A. We observe a gamma flash that instantly red-shifts into nothingness at point A. A little less than a year later, basically 1 year minus 90 minutes, we observe a radio flash that instantly blue-shifts through the gamma range and then ends at point E. Again, the math shows that the two events were outside each other's light cones.

If you were the astronomer who noticed this pattern, what would you induce?

Physics news on Phys.org
Ontophobe said:
If you were the astronomer who noticed this pattern, what would you induce?

Do you have an answer, or are you asking?

I do and I don't. I have a hypothesis in mind and I'm wondering if other people would arrive at the same hypothesis, so this is more of a poll than a riddle. There's no correct or incorrect answer, really. I want to see if my hypothesis is, at least, reasonable based on the hypotheses that others advance

Ontophobe said:
I have a hypothesis in mind

Well, any hypothesis other than coincidence, which I assume is not what you have in mind, can't be evaluated using our present physical laws, since it would involve these pairs of events being causally linked even though they are spacelike separated. So I don't see how we can have a useful discussion.

1. What is the "Astronomer's Induction of Observed Gamma/Radio Flashes in Isosceles Triangle"?

The "Astronomer's Induction of Observed Gamma/Radio Flashes in Isosceles Triangle" is a phenomenon observed in astronomy, where astronomers have noticed a pattern of gamma and radio flashes occurring in the shape of an isosceles triangle.

2. What causes these gamma/radio flashes to form in an isosceles triangle shape?

The exact cause of this phenomenon is still unknown, but it is believed to be related to the alignment of certain celestial bodies and their gravitational pull on cosmic rays and particles.

3. How often do these gamma/radio flashes occur?

The frequency of these flashes varies, but they have been observed to occur every few years or even every few months. However, due to their unpredictable nature, they can also go unnoticed for long periods of time.

4. Are there any potential implications or applications of this phenomenon?

At this time, there are no known practical applications of this phenomenon. However, continued study and understanding of it may provide insights into the behavior and interaction of cosmic particles and celestial bodies.

5. What research is currently being done on this topic?

There are ongoing studies and observations being conducted by various astronomical organizations and research institutions around the world in an attempt to better understand this phenomenon. Some studies are focused on analyzing past occurrences, while others are using advanced technology to predict and observe future events.