Atomic & Nucleonic Radius of Iron | Vince

In summary, To find the atomic radius of elements in the periodic table, check a comprehensive book on general chemistry or visit webelements.com. For the nucleonic radius, use the formula R(A)=R_{0}\sqrt[3]{A}, with R_{0}=1.2 fermi. There is also a website, webelements.com, that may be helpful. A user named Daniel offers to help with a theory about relative time.
vcc
Does anybody here know where to find the atomic radius of elements in the periodic table? What about the nucleonic radius? I'm currently trying to find the radius of Iron for some sort of calculation that I'm doing.

Thanks
-Vince

Physics news on Phys.org
It's tabulated in a comprehensive book on general chemistry.There are tables of elements which give,among other physical & chemical properties,the atomic radius,too.

For the nucleic radius,use the approximate formula

[tex] R(A)=R_{0}\sqrt[3]{A} [/tex] ,where R_{0}=1.2 fermi.

Daniel.

vcc said:
Does anybody here know where to find the atomic radius of elements in the periodic table? What about the nucleonic radius? I'm currently trying to find the radius of Iron for some sort of calculation that I'm doing.

Thanks
-Vince

webelements.com

(you sound familiar)

Gokul43201 said:
webelements.com

(you sound familiar)
Thanks for the help people. I'm trying to devise a theory about relative time. I'm wondering if anybody might want to help.

As for you knowing me, I wouldn't be entirely sure. Unfortunately, for me, your alias doesn't really ring a bell. I apologize for not remembering you :P

Related to Atomic & Nucleonic Radius of Iron | Vince

1. What is the atomic radius of iron?

The atomic radius of iron is approximately 126 picometers (pm).

2. How does the atomic radius of iron compare to other elements?

Iron has a relatively small atomic radius compared to other elements. It is smaller than elements such as sodium and potassium, but larger than elements such as carbon and nitrogen.

3. What factors affect the atomic radius of iron?

The atomic radius of iron is affected by the number of protons and electrons in the atom, as well as the energy levels of the electrons.

4. What is the nucleonic radius of iron?

The nucleonic radius of iron is approximately 59 femtometers (fm). This is the distance between the center of the nucleus and the outermost nucleon (proton or neutron).

5. How does the nucleonic radius of iron compare to other elements?

The nucleonic radius of iron is relatively small compared to other elements. It is smaller than elements such as oxygen and silicon, but larger than elements such as hydrogen and helium.