How Can I Connect a Computer to My Car's Sound System?

In summary, the conversation is about a person wanting to install a hard drive with an old processor and motherboard in their car, and connecting it to the car's sound system. They are looking for a forum where they can ask questions during the process and someone suggests using Google to find automotive discussion forums. Another person suggests using an iPod and remote as a simpler option. Someone else mentions a forum specifically for installing computers in cars and another person suggests a radio show for helpful information.
dekoi
Does anyone know of any? I am thinking of putting a hard drive with an old processor and mobo in my car. Then hooking up the deck to the sound card. I have enough knowledge of computer hardware and software to do so, but i would like to find a forum where i can ask questions if i have any during the process.

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Anyone?

:smile:

I don't know of any forum dedicated to such a thing but wonder whether it is possible to burn a large amount of .mp3 files to a DVD-R, then have a less complex player reading them in the automobile. I imagine one disk could hold somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000 songs?

ipod + remote ? voila :D

I don't know what's available, but you might want to look for them according to the manufacturer of your car. I know there are some sites where afficionados of particular types of car post. Volkswagon owners have a board somewhere that I've seen in my wanderings in the past.

Go to Google

Type in "Automotive + Discussion Forums" or any variation

You'll get several links, the first link is a forum similar to this one.

There's plenty to find at google

All I know of is http://www.ifitsfast.com . I don't know if they have your answer, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have exactly what you are looking for since I recently added a PC with LCD screen in my truck.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/

I wouldn't necessarily vouch for the automotive knowledge of the folks on this site, but their radio show is great.

http://www.cartalk.com/

What are automotive discussion forums?

Automotive discussion forums are online platforms where people can discuss various topics related to cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other vehicles. These forums allow users to ask questions, share information, and engage in conversations with other automotive enthusiasts.

Why are automotive discussion forums popular?

Automotive discussion forums are popular because they provide a space for people with a common interest in vehicles to connect and share their knowledge and experiences. These forums also offer a wealth of information on a wide range of automotive topics, making them a valuable resource for both beginners and experts.

What types of discussions can be found on automotive discussion forums?

There are a variety of discussions that can be found on automotive discussion forums, including car maintenance and repair, buying and selling advice, performance upgrades, and general discussions about different makes and models of vehicles. Some forums may also have sections dedicated to specific topics such as off-roading, racing, or classic cars.

Are there any rules or guidelines for participating in automotive discussion forums?

Yes, most automotive discussion forums have rules and guidelines in place to ensure a respectful and productive environment for all users. These rules may include guidelines for posting content, language and behavior expectations, and consequences for violating the rules. It is important to familiarize yourself with these guidelines before participating in discussions on the forum.

How can I find a specific topic or question on an automotive discussion forum?

Many automotive discussion forums have a search function that allows users to search for specific keywords or topics. This can be helpful in finding discussions related to a particular make or model of vehicle or a specific question. Some forums may also have categories or tags that can help narrow down the search results.