Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Automotive Discussion Forums

1. Nov 27, 2004 #1
    Does anyone know of any? I am thinking of putting a hard drive with an old processor and mobo in my car. Then hooking up the deck to the sound card. I have enough knowledge of computer hardware and software to do so, but i would like to find a forum where i can ask questions if i have any during the process.

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 27, 2004 #2
    Anyone?

:smile:

4. Nov 27, 2004 #3
    I don't know of any forum dedicated to such a thing but wonder whether it is possible to burn a large amount of .mp3 files to a DVD-R, then have a less complex player reading them in the automobile. I imagine one disk could hold somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000 songs?

5. Nov 27, 2004 #4
    ipod + remote ? voila :D

6. Nov 27, 2004 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know what's available, but you might want to look for them according to the manufacturer of your car. I know there are some sites where afficionados of particular types of car post. Volkswagon owners have a board somewhere that I've seen in my wanderings in the past.

7. Nov 27, 2004 #6
    Go to Google

Type in "Automotive + Discussion Forums" or any variation

You'll get several links, the first link is a forum similar to this one.

There's plenty to find at google

8. Nov 27, 2004 #7
    All I know of is If It's Fast. I don't know if they have your answer, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

9. Nov 28, 2004 #8

Cod

10. Nov 29, 2004 #9

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I wouldn't necessarily vouch for the automotive knowledge of the folks on this site, but their radio show is great.

http://www.cartalk.com/

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?