Autopsy TV: A Surprising, Shockingly Awful Experience

In summary, the conversation involved two individuals discussing their experiences watching autopsies on TV and in real life. They shared their reactions and described what they saw, including the use of an electric saw and a laser to cut through the body. One of them also shared a personal experience with visiting a cadaver room during a biology course.
Mk
Wow, I'm watching this autopsy on TV, its pretty... good? Interesting. On A&E. AWWWW! They just took an electric saw and started sawing his head open. AWWWWWWWWWW! :cry: :bugeye: :eek:

Physics news on Phys.org
I saw a show where the froze a dead criminal, and cut him layer by layer with a laser into slices as thin as paper and mapped his body with an MRI, or something like an MRI. I guess they made man-sandwiches once they were done.

Mk said:
Wow, I'm watching this autopsy on TV, its pretty... good? Interesting. On A&E. AWWWW! They just took an electric saw and started sawing his head open. AWWWWWWWWWW! :cry: :bugeye: :eek:

Lol I saw something like that once, they took the saw and cut off the top of his head and then peeled his face back and took out his brain...ewww...I was disgusted yet had to keep watching. :bugeye:

I once took a biology course during a university summer program for high school students. One field trip was to a local medical school, and we spent a few hours in the cadaver room - and we spent a couple of hours as a doctor explained the process in great detail.

I was a profound experience to look inside a human body - a person who had once been alive.

Last edited:

Related to Autopsy TV: A Surprising, Shockingly Awful Experience

1. What is "Autopsy TV"?

"Autopsy TV" is a documentary-style television show that follows real-life forensic pathologists as they perform autopsies on deceased individuals. The show aims to educate viewers about the science and process of autopsies, but it has received criticism for its graphic content.

2. Is "Autopsy TV" based on real autopsies?

Yes, "Autopsy TV" features real autopsies performed by licensed forensic pathologists. However, some viewers have raised concerns about the ethics of broadcasting these sensitive and intimate procedures for entertainment purposes.

3. What can viewers expect to see on "Autopsy TV"?

Viewers can expect to see graphic and explicit footage of autopsies being performed, including the cutting and removal of organs, as well as discussions about the cause of death and other findings. The show also includes interviews with the pathologists and family members of the deceased.

4. Why do some people find "Autopsy TV" shocking and awful?

Some viewers find "Autopsy TV" shocking and awful because of its graphic nature and the fact that it showcases real autopsies being performed on deceased individuals. The show can be emotionally disturbing for some viewers, especially those who have experienced the loss of a loved one.

5. Is "Autopsy TV" educational or just for entertainment?

While "Autopsy TV" claims to have educational purposes, many critics argue that the show is primarily for entertainment. The graphic and sensationalized nature of the show has raised concerns about its educational value and whether it respects the dignity of the deceased individuals featured on the show.