Can Kindness Be the Key to a Harmonious Scientific Community?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, a man whose smile is natural and has a ready twinkle in his eyes is attractive, no matter his age. What a generous person, my dear lorinda, to post such a good post! My dear warhorse, you have never been so gurkha.huh? Gurkhawarhorse-sounds like some fierce warrior who knows how to ride a mighty steed. Perhaps I'm wrong, though..Since arildno told us he's gay, is he trying to come on to everybody? Or is it just me?
Mk said:
So does arnildo blow well?
This being the be nice to everyone thread, I would have to say that although I have not witnessed arnildo blowing, I am sure that he can blow with the best of men and that his blowing in no way sucks. :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:
Joel, i could on another occasion, talk about this in depth, excuse me please,
i am some what distracted.

While interested, I suspect my knowledge would come short quite shortly, but I'll gladly continue this (or any other) discussion with you later, Wolram. I hope your distraction is pleasant or short. :smile:

Btw, In last night's party I got a high heel on my toe and a lecture in how to make a glass that indicates how much liqoir you have left, by changing the colour of a small lamp in its foot. Later someone lured me to dance ripaska in the middle of the dance floor. :shy:

Also, somewhere around midnight we got some unexpected guests, when our Rector marched in, apparently after having been to a doctor promotation earlier. (The inscription was earlier in the day...) He shaked very well to The Summer of 69! :biggrin:

Last edited:
by Joel,
While interested, I suspect my knowledge would come short quite shortly, but I'll gladly continue this (or any other) discussion with you later, Wolram. I hope your distraction is pleasant or short.

I am sorry joel, i had a raging tooth ache, Awww, your poor foot those heels
really hurt.
I must admit it is years since i read up on the history of glass, and forgot how
interesting the subject is, i will have to find an up to date book.

As far as i can find, the eariest engish glass window dates to 1180, and
the germans were makeing glass by the blowing method in the 11th century.

Furnaces for glass manufacture have been found in Glastonbury, York, Kent
and Lincoln dating to the 7th century

Glass imported to 5th century Ireland from the mediterranean has been found.

So there is a huge span of dates, and i dare say that the first glass window
pre dates 1180

Artman said:
This being the be nice to everyone thread, I would have to say that although I have not witnessed arnildo blowing, I am sure that he can blow with the best of men and that his blowing in no way sucks. :biggrin:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Artman said:
although I have not witnessed arnildo blowing, I am sure that he can blow with the best of men and that his blowing in no way sucks. :biggrin:
Well put. .

Mk said:
I hope you don't get shot! :cry: Are you white? I would never think about visiting no matter what the history. That would be a debt to society!
I have been mistaken for Arab and Jew, Italian, Spanish, Greek, and other Mediterranean and Middle Eastern nationalities. During the summer, my skin gets rather dark.

Anyway, I do plan to go to Afghanistan and Pakistan - they have some great mountains. :biggrin:

i'm bored

éáíóúýàèìòù
çãõñ

äëïöüÿ

wolram said:
I would not know, i have all ways wanted to try glass blowing though.

I'll let Mr. glass know how you feel...

Its ok, he sees right through your plan.