Before you die, what do you want to see become a reality

• Thread starter MathJakob
  • Start date

OmCheeto

Gold Member
We shall talk in the morning.
Watched a video of the song.
Yes, these last 100 years, have been brutal.
Reloading......
Things I want to see.... hrmmm.......

All lawyers must die!

hmmmm..........

Wait! That was Shakespeare....... Never mind....... :redface:
------------------------
I can hear the drones, already............

I see innovations on a daily basis, and I think this is really awesome
Yeah the thing is all this optimism is something I took into account. What you didn't take into account is that the coin has a second side, pessimism, if you don't get your fix soon. A habit that gives a high doesn't only give highs, it also gives lows.

You probably misunderstood my way of thinking though. I mainly criticized spectators. I think being the actual innovator is the real joyful thing, even if sometimes you fail, people are hardwired to want to struggle (it explains how all Billionaires still work at the age of 80+). But if they just stand in front of a screen waiting for innovations to come merely as spectators they will have highs and they will have lows. And frankly they will have more lows if they are too fixated. e.g. I'm waiting now for new GPUs to come out and it's such a long process (move it TSMC!).

They are not the "internet".
The thing is besides the historical origin or even some of the current infrastructure, in practice a country can now just disconnect from the rest of the world and have its own internal network. So in my view, the internet is nothing but a 'network'. I don't really have to qualify it further since that's the main quality of it, that it networks computers in an area. If the internet - as you define it - disappeared, then we'd miss mainly the lack of networking, rather than the underlying technological details or its historical origin, even if some of those details are in some cases defining (e.g. the quality of having an IP address whenever you connect anywhere.)

Why do I have have to carry 5 freaking keys around in my pocket at all times? Is it too much to ask, this day and age, to not require keys anymore?? Cars have been able to be opened remotely for a long time, but for some reason this hasn't transferred yet to anything else. When will my "smart" phone be able to open all of my doors??

Am I asking too much? I'm not requesting a servant robot or a flying car over here :mad:

human animal hybrids

technological telepathy/telekinesis etc

berkeman

Mentor
Thread closed for Moderation...