Best Circuit Simulator software?

In summary, the conversation is about discussing the best circuit simulator software. Multiple options are mentioned, including Electronics Workbench, Multisim, and Proteus Isis. It is mentioned that Proteus is considered the best due to its ability to simulate digital circuits with PICs and its "programming" feature for PICs. Other software options and resources for circuit simulation are also shared. One person shares their positive experience with PSpice, a simulator used for accurately reproducing circuit problems and finding solutions.
reinaldo
Best Circuit Simulator software?

Hey Everybody!, Wich one Do You Think is the Best Circuit (digital, analog and PICs) Simulator?...For example... I use Electronics Workbench, Multisim and Proteus Isis (Proteus vsm)...as far as i can see, Proteus is the Best!...so what are your thoughts?...or do you have other ones which are better?

Engineering news on Phys.org

I like multisim but it has some problems

yeah but the problem with multisim is that you can't simulate digital circuits with PICs...for example...in Proteus you can used any PIC, put the circuit together, and inside the program itself, you can "program" the PIC and it will simulate everything!

Thanks guys! I didn't know about those soft am going now to look for that Proteus. The one i use is "Solve Elec" but i find it fair. I hope Proteus will be good to me.

One company I used to work for had PSpice and was very impressed with it. I programmed all our circuits and used it to simulate problems. Among the things it did was accurately simulate a super regenerative receiver, accurately reproduce the startup time of an RF oscillator and accurately show the spurious radiations of a transmitter. After recreating known problems in PSpice, I was able to find fixes much more rapidly than I could on the bench. I even used it to do RF impedance matching because I didn't have a vector network analyzer.

1. What is a circuit simulator software?

A circuit simulator software is a computer program that allows users to design, analyze, and simulate electronic circuits. It is used by engineers, scientists, and hobbyists to test and troubleshoot circuit designs before physically building them.

2. What are the benefits of using a circuit simulator software?

Using a circuit simulator software can save time and money by allowing users to test and analyze circuit designs before physically building them. It also provides a safe environment to experiment with different components and configurations, as well as accurate results for circuit performance.

3. What features should I look for in a circuit simulator software?

Some important features to look for in a circuit simulator software include a user-friendly interface, a wide range of circuit components and models, simulation accuracy and speed, and the ability to plot and analyze simulation results.

4. Are there any free circuit simulator software options available?

Yes, there are several free circuit simulator software options available, such as LTspice, Qucs, and CircuitLab. These programs offer basic simulation capabilities and are suitable for beginners or hobbyists.

5. Can a circuit simulator software replace physical circuit testing?

No, a circuit simulator software cannot completely replace physical circuit testing. While it can provide accurate results and save time and resources, physical testing is still necessary to validate the performance and functionality of a circuit design in real-world conditions.