Is This the Best Harley Advert Ever?

• Thread starter davenn
  • Start date
In summary: Harley Fest just ended in my town. Most American people riding such motorbikes are either seen as gang members or respectable pensioners living the dream. However, as of 2012, only a fraction of the almost 9.5 million registered motorcycles in the US were Harleys. So, the stereotype of Harley riders as gang members or robbers is not accurate. In fact, people who may seem intimidating, such as motorbike drivers, tattooed individuals, and heavy metal fans, are often friendly and not to be feared. The real danger lies in those who appear "normal." On a related note, there is a tribute to the 2011 tsunami that is worth checking out.
davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2023 Award
love this

Dave

Likes dlgoff, OmCheeto and nsaspook
Physics news on Phys.org
Very effective! Harley Fest just ended in my town. Won't be sad to see the hordes of loud Harley's leave :biggrin:

Likes davenn
Most American people riding such motorbikes to me personally are gang or highway robbers. (I am affected by movies)

Or elderly, extra respectable pensioners, livin' the dream.

Likes davenn
Pepper Mint said:
Most American people riding such motorbikes to me personally are gang or highway robbers. (I am affected by movies)
Obviously.

As of 2012, there were almost 9.5 million motorcycles registered in the US, of which only a fraction were Harleys like in the ad video. The vast majority of Harley riders (myself included) neither belong to a gang nor commit highway robbery.

Last edited:
Likes Pepper Mint
Mark44 said:
Obviously.

As of 2012, there were almost 9.5 million motorcycles registered in the US, of which only a fraction were Harleys like in the ad video. The vast majority of Harley riders (myself included) neither belong to a gang or commit highway robbery.

Exactly. I noticed that people who look scary such as motorbike drivers, tatooed people with blue hair and piercings nor heavy metal fans are mostly nice people and there's usually no reason to be afraid of them (unless they are drunk or high :p)
The most dangerous guys are those who look normal.

and whilst on the Harley theme ...
this is awesome, a tribute to the 2011 tsunami ...

Dave

Likes Noisy Rhysling and OCR

1. What makes an advert the "Best Harley advert ever"?

The "Best Harley advert ever" is subjective and can vary from person to person. However, some common elements that make a Harley advert stand out include impactful visuals, a strong message or story, and showcasing the unique features and capabilities of the Harley brand.

2. Are there any specific techniques used in the "Best Harley advert ever"?

Yes, the "Best Harley advert ever" often uses techniques such as storytelling, emotional appeal, and highlighting the brand's history and heritage. These techniques help to create a strong connection with the audience and leave a lasting impression.

3. How important is music in the "Best Harley advert ever"?

Music is a crucial element in the "Best Harley advert ever" as it sets the tone and enhances the overall impact of the ad. The right music can evoke emotions and create a memorable experience for the audience.

4. Can the "Best Harley advert ever" appeal to non-Harley riders?

Yes, the "Best Harley advert ever" can still be effective in reaching non-Harley riders. It can showcase the brand's values and lifestyle, which may resonate with a wider audience. Additionally, a well-crafted ad can pique the interest of non-riders and potentially convert them into future customers.

5. How can the "Best Harley advert ever" impact the brand's image and sales?

The "Best Harley advert ever" can have a significant impact on the brand's image and sales. A successful ad can increase brand awareness, strengthen the brand's image, and ultimately drive sales. It can also attract new customers and retain existing ones by showcasing the brand's unique identity and values.