Better to study at university uk or usa

In summary: You will be unhappy with whichever decision you make.He asked for opinions, and I gave him mine. What part of his post does he mention he wants opinions, he did say to mention reasons to your answer, therefore your post is totaly void.
abc
hi all ...
i don't know if here ie the right forum to post my thread ... but i am really confused and need help ...
my question is : whare is better to study at university uk or usa , please mention reasons
hope get ur help as soon as possible
cheers
abc

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Well, first off, where are you from and what do you want to study?

i don't mean a specific study ... i want to know which is better in general ?
by the way i am from the arabian gulf ...
and as for IT which is better ?
cheers
abc

no help ?

There are excellent universities in both the US & the UK. At the college level, people start to specialize their studies, which is why Russ asked that question. Some schools are better than others in a particular subject (better teachers, more resources, better funding, better reputation, etc.). For general studies, the US & UK are probably fairly similar.

I would say the US, the UK, Germany, and many other countries in Europe would be great choices. I'd avoid Canada and some other nations like the plague, though.

deltabourne said:
I would say the US, the UK, Germany, and many other countries in Europe would be great choices. I'd avoid Canada and some other nations like the plague, though.
thats just an ignorant and childish comment, ones views do not necesairely reflect the reality of things

i_wish_i_was_smart said:
thats just an ignorant and childish comment, ones views do not necesairely reflect the reality of things
Why? Because you don't agree with it? He asked for opinions, and I gave him mine.

what part of his post does he mention he wants opinions, he did say to mention reasons to your answer, therefore your post is totaly void

no specific answer yet !
thanx all

Avoid Canada's school system. LOL.

If you like corporate owned schools, go to the US. If you like spending life paying back debts, go to the US.

Everyone country has its ups and downs when it comes to the school system. The only thing that might make Canadian schools less competitive is because they AREN'T competitive. All the schools are practically forced to share everything. You can get books from any school, and they have to ship it to you even though you are only using it for 2 weeks. Also, no one kills each other for a football game either. If you are looking for a non-competitive friendly atmosphere, go to Canada.

Anyways done with that.

The first step is to choose what you would like to do. You must make that decision before choosing a school.

What if you fell in love with Princeton, and then decided to become a business man.

EDIT: Let's keep a school related conversation. If he asked for opinions, he asked for opinions about school systems and NOT countries.

Last edited:
abc said:
no specific answer yet !
thanx all

Don't rely on others to make up your mind for you. Even a career adviser isn't going to give you the definitive answer, at least going on the info you have given. Think it through a bit more. Ask yourself a few questions e.g.

What do you want to do with your degree i.e. how would you like things to be for you in 10 years time? Have you found out which is the best place to study at given your expected grades? Is it important to your long-term goals to have your degree from the US or UK? Why not closer to home?

Where would you LIKE to study and live? Can you see yourself being happier in the UK or US? Do you have friends/relatives studying in the UK or US?

Do some more research and try to keep your options open; if it is not obvious to you where the best place to study is, it probably means that there is no major differences.

Related to Better to study at university uk or usa

1. Should I study at a university in the UK or USA?

There is no one answer to this question as it ultimately depends on your personal goals and preferences. Both the UK and USA have prestigious universities and offer high-quality education. Consider factors such as the program you are interested in, the location and culture, cost of living, and potential job opportunities after graduation to make an informed decision.

2. What are the differences between studying in the UK and USA?

There are several differences between studying in the UK and USA. Some notable ones include the duration of the program (UK typically offers shorter programs), teaching style (UK focuses more on independent study and research), and cost of education (UK tends to be more affordable for international students).

3. Are there any specific entry requirements for studying in the UK or USA?

Yes, both countries have specific entry requirements for international students. These may include standardized test scores, academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, and proof of English language proficiency. It is important to research and fulfill these requirements before applying to universities in either country.

4. How much does it cost to study at a university in the UK or USA?

The cost of studying in the UK or USA varies depending on the university, program, and location. Generally, tuition fees in the UK are lower compared to the USA, but living expenses may be higher. It is important to research and budget carefully to determine the total cost of studying in either country.

5. What are the job prospects after studying in the UK or USA?

Both the UK and USA have strong job markets for graduates, but it ultimately depends on your field of study and individual qualifications. The USA has a larger economy and more opportunities in certain industries, while the UK has a strong focus on research and innovation. It is important to research the job market in your field and network during your studies to increase your chances of finding employment after graduation.