1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

BiOchem lab DNA electrophoresis

1. Oct 30, 2007 #1
    [SOLVED] BiOchem lab DNA electrophoresis

1) what is the the purpose of restriction endonucleases in prokaryotes? how do these organisms protect their DNA against the effects of their own restriction enzyme?

2)why is it important to use purified Dna samplesin restriction digest and gel electrophoresis? Rather then just using homogenized tissue?

3) why we use restriction enzyme and gel electophoresis in molecular biology?
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 1, 2007 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Have you tried to Google this. I'm sure you can find it on Wikipedia.
  4. Nov 3, 2007 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The answers to these sorts of questions really should just be in your textbook or lecture notes. Once you've found them, if there's something you need explained further or clarified, post the answer you get and your more specific question about it, and we can then help.
  5. Nov 3, 2007 #4
    well thanks any way I already have found the answer.I were just streesd out and werent able to focus...
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?