Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bisque Software for Astronomy SkyX

1. Mar 10, 2015 #1
    I'm taking a shot that this forum might know about the software in the title, SkyX. My question is about a feature called Profile. I need some help using it.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 10, 2015 #2
    What about it do you need help with?

4. Mar 11, 2015 #3

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Bisque is a very high end telescope mount manufacturer. I assume their software is equally high end. It's probably unsuited for other than bisque hardware.

5. Mar 11, 2015 #4
    Yes, I have have their Paramount ME mount, German equatorial.. They provide The Sky X software for a hefty price, which allows one to control the ME. TSX has a feature called Profile, which save data about items like a camera and focuser. The documentation on Profile how to use it, but it's pretty feeble. So if anyone here uses SkyX, I would be interested in their experience with it. Maybe there's a better forum for my question?

6. Mar 11, 2015 #5

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't like to advertise other forums
    but the best astronomy forum on the www is Cloudy Nights
    http://www.cloudynights.com/page/index.html

totally dedicated to astronomy, observing, astrophotography, and assoc gear
    if some one there cannot help you, I would be very surprised :)

Dave

7. Mar 11, 2015 #6
    Good idea. I joined them. They have a lot of topics that involve the Bisque. I posted in a proper forum.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook