Bond Angle for compount Clozapine

• Thread starter !Live_4Ever!
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Angle Bond
In summary, the speakers are discussing a chemistry project where they are building a drug and have chosen the compound Clozaipne. They are having trouble finding the bond angles and are seeking resources for information. One suggestion is to search the internet for free downloads and use a 3D viewer to draw and represent the molecule.
!Live_4Ever!
Hi, I'm doing a chemistry project, where we have to build a drug. My group chose Clozaipne (or Clozaril), and we have trouble finding the actual bond angles for the compound. I swear, we looked at dozens and dozens of books, websites, encyclopedias, etc... no luck

I was wondering if you guys know of any websites resources etc. that has any information on this compound...

Thanks so much in advance..

Physics news on Phys.org
Look here. You can search the internet for "free downloads' and 'structure chemical' and get a free 3d viewer. Draw your molecule and use the MM or MM2 or MOPAC or GAUSSIAN functions to represent it in 3D.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to me about your chemistry project. I understand that you are having trouble finding the bond angle for the compound Clozapine (or Clozaril). I can assure you that this information is available, but it may require some additional research and digging.

One resource you can try is the PubChem database, which is maintained by the National Institutes of Health. This database provides information on chemical structures, properties, and other data for a wide range of compounds, including Clozapine. You can search for Clozapine and find its molecular structure, as well as specific bond angles.

Another resource is the Cambridge Structural Database, which contains information on the crystal structures of organic and metal-organic compounds. This database may have more specific information on the bond angles for Clozapine, but it may require a subscription to access.

I also suggest reaching out to your chemistry professor or a librarian for assistance in finding this information. They may have access to additional resources or be able to guide you in the right direction.

I hope this helps and good luck with your project!

What is the bond angle for compound Clozapine?

The bond angle for compound Clozapine is approximately 109.5 degrees. This is due to the tetrahedral arrangement of the atoms in the molecule, with the nitrogen and chlorine atoms bonded at a 109.5 degree angle.

What factors affect the bond angle of compound Clozapine?

The bond angle of compound Clozapine is affected by the electronegativity of the atoms involved, as well as steric hindrance from bulky substituents. In addition, the bond angle can be influenced by the presence of lone pairs of electrons on the central nitrogen atom.

How is the bond angle of compound Clozapine measured?

The bond angle of compound Clozapine can be measured using a variety of techniques, such as X-ray crystallography, nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy, or molecular modeling. These methods allow for the precise determination of bond angles in a molecule.

Why is the bond angle of compound Clozapine important?

The bond angle of compound Clozapine is important because it affects the overall shape and properties of the molecule. In addition, the bond angle can influence how the molecule interacts with other molecules, which can impact its biological activity and potential uses in medicine.

How does the bond angle of compound Clozapine compare to other compounds?

The bond angle of compound Clozapine is similar to other molecules with a tetrahedral arrangement of atoms, such as methane and water. However, it may differ from other compounds depending on the specific atoms and groups bonded in the molecule.