Seeking Help on Boolean Logic - I'm New to Computing

In summary, the speaker is looking for a mentor to help them understand Boolean, as they have just started a computing course for beginners and have no knowledge of physics. The conversation then delves into examples and explanations of Boolean, including using parentheses and bubble foam as examples. The speaker concludes by saying that the use of Boolean depends on the specific area it is being applied to.
skane01
To Who Ever Is Willing To Help

I,m am looking for a mentor to help me understand boolean. I do not poccess any knowledge of physics as yet but have just begun a computing course for beginners and any help would be much appreciated.

Yours Sincerely

S. Kane

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Boolean is when something can merge into combinations or a specified combination. Using (x) or ((x)x) or (((x)x)x)

If ((InStr(1, String, "WATS UR BIRTHDAY", 1) > 0 Or InStr(1, String, "WHATS UR BIRTHDAY", 1) > 0) Or InStr(1, String, "WHAT'S UR BIRTHDAY", 1) > 0) Then Response = "May 1st" This example of using Parenthases to boolean the code as either or either and or all or in combination.

Its a way to mix and match in many different combinations.

For instance, Using three shades of light, RED YELLOW BLUE will produce White light if the RED, YELLOW, BLUE merge to one point.

It really depends on which area you are using Boolean.

Bubble foam is Boolean as well.

Hope this helps.

Hello S. Kane,

I am happy to hear that you are starting a computing course and are eager to learn more about boolean logic. As a fellow computer enthusiast, I understand the struggle of grasping new concepts, especially when it comes to programming. I would be more than willing to help you with understanding boolean logic and any other computing topics you may need assistance with.

As a first step, I suggest familiarizing yourself with the basic principles of boolean logic such as AND, OR, and NOT operations. Once you have a good understanding of these principles, you can move on to more complex topics such as truth tables and logical operators. Additionally, there are many online resources and tutorials available that can also assist you in understanding boolean logic.

Feel free to reach out to me with any specific questions or concerns you may have. I am more than happy to share my knowledge and help you in your learning journey. Best of luck in your computing course!

What is Boolean logic?

Boolean logic is a type of mathematical logic that is used in computing to represent and manipulate true or false values. It is named after mathematician and philosopher George Boole and is a fundamental concept in computer science.

How does Boolean logic work in computing?

In computing, Boolean logic is used to represent logical operations and relationships between different data or variables. It is commonly used in programming languages, databases, and search engines to determine which data to retrieve or manipulate based on specific conditions.

What are the basic Boolean operators?

The three basic Boolean operators are AND, OR, and NOT. These operators are used to combine or manipulate Boolean values, and they have specific functions:

• AND - returns true only if both operands are true
  • OR - returns true if either operand is true
  • NOT - returns the opposite of the operand's value

How can I use Boolean logic in my computing tasks?

Boolean logic can be used in a variety of computing tasks, such as search queries, database queries, and programming. It can help you narrow down results, filter data, and create conditional statements in your code. Understanding Boolean logic can also improve your problem-solving and critical thinking skills in computing.

Are there any resources available for learning more about Boolean logic in computing?

Yes, there are many resources available for learning more about Boolean logic in computing. Some suggestions include online tutorials, books, and attending workshops or courses. You can also practice using Boolean logic in your everyday computing tasks to improve your understanding and skills.