Bush trip to Mars a red herring

• News
  • Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mars
In summary, President Bush suggested a manned Mars trip and has taken advantage of a loophole in the law to claim ownership of the moon and other planets. He is an expert on space law and policy and has taught at various universities. If you are on your land on the moon and President Bush thinks you have WMD, you will care.
Originally posted by Loren Booda
My original post was genuine but seemed to become hijacked. Basically, I thought most responses there just an exercise in lame humor rather than a discourse on "nationalizing the world." Little bit of both, perhaps?

What political motives do you think George W. Bush intended when he announced the program for a manned Mars mission? Do you think he has an unselfish interest in the science and humanity of the project? Not an American, no point in 'opinion'(ing) on US politics so directly...
HUH?? WHAT?? You think my Humor is LAME? Thats LAMMO BUDDY! So At least Phuleeeeeeeeeease use the right WORD!

(P.S. try to remember here "Bud", I own the material Universe, a little courtesy pleaseHee-hee-heeeeeeeeeeeee! )

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Nereid,

I re-read and regard the "6 ways to Bushwhack the grassroots."

I thing everything Shrub does and says in his speeches is purly politically motivated, designed to help him get re-elected - right down to using statistics from Kerry's home state during his state of the union address. These STATS were used to make Kerry look bad. Whenever he ad-libs, he generally ends up shooting himself in the foot, so he's usually good for at least a laugh about once a week. Didn't he just recently sign an environmental bill (clean-air, I think) and then 2-3 days later quietly sign another bill allowing his favorite corporations to continue their polluting practices for another 10 years or so?

Originally posted by Tsunami
I thing everything Shrub does and says in his speeches is purly politically motivated, designed to help him get re-elected - right down to using statistics from Kerry's home state during his state of the union address.
...which makes him (gasp!) just like every other politician.

I don't judge politicians on their primary motive because they all have the same primary motive (get elected) otherwise they'd never be elected. The secondary motives are the ones that separate them.

Originally posted by russ_watters
...which makes him (gasp!) just like every other politician.

I don't judge politicians on their primary motive because they all have the same primary motive (get elected) otherwise they'd never be elected. The secondary motives are the ones that separate them.
Too bad Bush has the destruction of the American way of life as a secondary motive, isn't it?

Originally posted by Zero
Too bad Bush has the destruction of the American way of life as a secondary motive, isn't it?
Nice to see you back, Zero - its been awfully quiet for the past week.

Zero reminds me so much of a guy I dated that was a leading member of the SDS and editor of The Rat, way back when...

Bush is a loony.

Please just DON'T re-elect him!

Just think if the failed Mars probe(s) had people's lives depending on them!

yeah, and the manned missions to mars. Not a leader that fills you with hope is he? Which reminds me, talking of useless leaders, all the brits out there, don't vote Blair, vote Howard...or the Monster Raving Looney party!

Originally posted by Shahil
Bush is a loony.

Please just DON'T re-elect him!

Says the guy with the Guevara pic as his avatar