Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculate the load on an vehicle Engine

1. Jan 29, 2015 #1
    Dear Friends,

Hi Everyone. I am Planning to Design a Special Engine. I got with an Idea but got Struck on Starting the Design. I do think many has the Same Problem "Starting Trouble". Could someone tell me where to Start the Engine Design? Please...

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 29, 2015 #2
    Show us what you have and where you got stuck. We need a lot more information.

4. Jan 29, 2015 #3
    I got Stuck from the very Beginning. I dont know how to Calculate the load on an vehicle Engine.

5. Jan 29, 2015 #4
    Hey Jana . I had a engine design project in my senior year. Decide the capacity of the engine (cc) and the required output power. Design the stroke length and diameter based on the cc. Assuming a certain overall efficiency, calculate the force required on the piston (ie, the maximum pressure in the combustion chamber). Based on the initial and maximum P and V, draw the PV diagram. That should hopefully give you an idea :-)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook