Calculating Angular Velocity of Earth's Daily, Yearly, and Monthly Motions

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
valeriex0x
Messages
43
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



I'd like to know if I am on the right track. I'm not sure if I am doing this right...

Find the angular velocity, in rad/s, of the Earth due to its daily spin on its axis, the Earth due to its yearly motion around the sun, and our moon due to its monthly motion around the earth.

Homework Equations


The Attempt at a Solution



Please see the attachment I scanned my work!
 
Attachments
  • physics 1.jpg
    physics 1.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 684
Physics news on Phys.org
You are doing it correctly. The two parts you have done are right.
And a quick couple google searches reveals your approximate answers to be very close indeed to the real values.
 
yayy. thanks your right i got them all correct... just trying to double check my work before I enter it into masteringphysics since they take off ridiculous amounts of points. etc etc. thanks