Find the Perfect Distance for a Mirror Selfie: Usha's Camera Question Answered!

• Thread starter rhxoehwhfh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Camera
In summary, the perfect distance for a mirror selfie depends on the camera and lens being used, as well as the size of the mirror. It is generally recommended to have a distance of 2-3 feet between the camera and the mirror for a well-framed and focused selfie. To determine the perfect distance for your specific camera and mirror, it is best to experiment with different distances and take test photos. Using a tripod can also be helpful in finding the perfect distance as it allows for easy adjustments and stability. The best angle for a mirror selfie is straight on, facing the mirror, but feel free to experiment with different angles. Finally, using a remote or timer can be useful in taking a mirror selfie at the perfect distance as it allows
rhxoehwhfh
Usha wants to take a picture of her own image in a plane mirror. At what distance should the camera lens be focussed if it is positioned 2.3 m in front of the mirror?

is it 2.3*2 ?... 4.6m ??

Physics news on Phys.org
In mirror the object distance = image distance. Find the distance between Usha and her image and focus the camera.

so is it 4.6m?, since distance in the mirror is 2.3 m and image distance is also 2.3m

correct

thankyou sir

1. What is the perfect distance for a mirror selfie?

The perfect distance for a mirror selfie varies depending on the camera and lens being used, as well as the size of the mirror. Generally, a distance of 2-3 feet between the camera and the mirror will result in a well-framed and focused selfie.

2. How do I determine the perfect distance for my specific camera and mirror?

The best way to determine the perfect distance for your camera and mirror is to experiment with different distances and take test photos. Adjust the distance until you find the one that results in a clear and well-framed selfie.

3. Can I use a tripod to help find the perfect distance for a mirror selfie?

Yes, using a tripod can be helpful in finding the perfect distance for a mirror selfie. It allows you to easily adjust the height and distance of the camera, and also ensures stability for a sharper photo.

4. Is there a specific angle I should take the mirror selfie from?

The best angle for a mirror selfie is typically straight on, facing the mirror. This will result in a clear and symmetrical photo. However, feel free to experiment with different angles to find the one that works best for you.

5. Can I use a remote or timer to take a mirror selfie at the perfect distance?

Yes, using a remote or timer can be very helpful in taking a mirror selfie at the perfect distance. It allows you to adjust the distance and angle of the camera, and also gives you time to pose and adjust your position before the photo is taken.